Exporting substrate statistics

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
User avatar
Nayus
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Argentina

Re: Exporting substrate statistics

Post by Nayus » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:41 pm

I agree that the Color would be the easiest because it would be customizable and easy to control. But can be done? How exactly would it be?
I mean I don't know if I understand this right but if by each little different combination of Green/Red/Blue wouldn't the amount of different groups go up to the roof?

That's why I suggested by cell type. It's a fixed value.

I guess if the group of color combinations considered is reduced, the best road would be that
User avatar
Petter
Site Admin
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: Exporting substrate statistics

Post by Petter » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:42 pm

Btw, 64 categories and 50 000 h simulation, should be about 10 MB, so it's not that bad, just messy to deal with in e.g. excel.
User avatar
Petter
Site Admin
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: Exporting substrate statistics

Post by Petter » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:44 pm

Yea, we wouls split the colors into groups of similar colors. So the red amount is either 0 (0-64), 1 (64-128), 2(..) or 3(..) and same for green and blue. Giving e.g. 4*4*4=64 color categories in total.
User avatar
Nayus
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Argentina

Re: Exporting substrate statistics

Post by Nayus » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:58 pm

Oh, okay then :lol: :)
I vote for the Color thing
User avatar
wapcaplet
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:52 pm

Re: Exporting substrate statistics

Post by wapcaplet » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:55 pm

Petter wrote:Yea, we wouls split the colors into groups of similar colors. So the red amount is either 0 (0-64), 1 (64-128), 2(..) or 3(..) and same for green and blue. Giving e.g. 4*4*4=64 color categories in total.
This sounds great--that would capture data for all cells no matter their color, and 64 categories would be plenty for monitoring any per-mode or per-genome statistics we might be interested in. Even 27 categories I think would be more than sufficient :-)

How would the CSV columns be labeled? "R1-G3-B0" or something like that? Or perhaps based on percentage would be more intuitive, like "R25" for up to 25% red saturation, "R50" for 25-50% etc., since the in-game sliders are 0.0 - 1.0 percentages.
User avatar
bwisialo
Posts: 2953
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:22 pm

Re: Exporting substrate statistics

Post by bwisialo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:48 pm

Yep, sounds good. 4 bands.
amor fati
lican
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:18 pm

Re: Exporting substrate statistics

Post by lican » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:48 pm

Hello! I'm new in the forum. I think that the problem of mutation-asociated changing of category of a descendent, due to the color change, may be sorted by adding to the substrate configurations an option like"able color changing just when type-kind mutation happen". This way you wouldnt have progenie changin of category in your data excecpt that the actual cell type gets modified. [Sorry for my english]
I'm a biology student and I think this "game" has a really big potential to evalute different ecological and evolutionary models by numeric simulation.
Thanks to make that software available!!
User avatar
K-man
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:23 am
Location: United Cells of America

Re: Exporting substrate statistics

Post by K-man » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:06 pm

You should make a selection that could make it count by mode, color, or type.
"Place the devourocytes here..."
-Cellbert Einstein
lican
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:18 pm

Re: Exporting substrate statistics

Post by lican » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:34 pm

Yeah, that would generate a bigger data to process but those register-criteria could be activated independently. I've seen that when a mutation occurs, and the mode is changed, the new mode doesn't have the characters that you had previously setted up for that specific one. I've tried to set up all the modes I didn't want to emerge during the evolution process to photosintetic type, but when those modes appeared were with random cell types. For that I think that the cell type category, added to a color category to diferenciate in case you have multiple "species" for that type, would be the best way to obtain a really powerful dataframe.
I don't know how much hard is this to coding, but if it's easy would be great if Petter wants to make it.
User avatar
K-man
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:23 am
Location: United Cells of America

Re: Exporting substrate statistics

Post by K-man » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:11 am

It should be pretty easy to code. I have programming experiences in Python, so I know how it would go. All he has to do is assemble all the cell type, color, and mode variables into a dictionary and write that dictionary to a file; preferably a CSV or JSON file.
"Place the devourocytes here..."
-Cellbert Einstein
Post Reply