Wire-like cell

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Megathosto14

Wire-like cell

Post by Megathosto14 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi
I have a suggestion which is a wire-like cell
Sorry for bad drawing :?

Anyway, this cell works like a wire or more like a switch. It receive signal from neuro,stereo and sensocyte.
It can let or block or multiple;
-nutrient exchange
-nitrogen exchange
-signals
It should also able to control nutrient flow into one direction.

They look just like in the image. The connection point is there along in the membrane and it should be less thicker than what I draw. There will be an animation of nutrient flowing in it just like the no.1 in the photo.
They also have a branch-like things at their end. (I'm not really good at biology terms so I hope that you can understand)
You can see this branches in cells close to the cell's nucleus if they were connected to them. However the branches won't be there if it's connected to another of its kind.

I think that there will be a lot of things can be done with this cell.
Well, this is a half cooked idea, so I'm​ still thinking what can be done using this cell.

-Maybe to block nutrient and nitrogen to the reproduction cell until it receives certain signal.
-To make the swimmer with two stereocyte focus on one task at a time like searching for nutrient or mating.
- To strengthen certain signals when the source is too far.
- To use a gluocyte to steal nutrient. With this, nutrient will not be able to return to the host.
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
merpelicous

Re: Wire-like cell

Post by merpelicous » Thu May 04, 2017 6:46 pm

I like this idea, could be very helpful. If it's blocking nutrient exchange, will it still be able to receive nutrients on its own?
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:08 pm

yes it can
Tarux

Post by Tarux » Fri May 05, 2017 6:25 am

Looks really interesting! Looks like a component that can prove useful, and maybe even essential to large, complicated organisms. I do have some ideas of how it can be used as well.

- Could be used to prioritize certain areas for regeneration or growth, when an "injury" has been detected
- Could be used to send a "termination signal" to certain cells (such as cyanide) when those cells are no longer needed for the time being.
- Can be used to make a "clock" by looping wire cells together, which can be used for things like activating a sleep and waking cycle when food is scarce.
- Delay the transfer of certain signals (which can be useful for making clocks).
- To make a brain composed of neuron like connections.

These are just some ways that this cell could be used for.
Ahh, the fresh smell of celluar mitosis!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Fri May 05, 2017 7:10 am

Neurocytes can do a couple of these things, and I believe Petter is going to add some capabilities to Neurocytes, such as detecting cell mass, nitrate level, etc.. I wonder if some of the cell functions you describe could also be added to the Neurocyte.
amor fati
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Tue May 09, 2017 3:56 am

Maybe if they are connected to a keratinocyte, they are able to block cyanide too!. There are designs of predators that have their devorocyte exposed and likely to get poisoned by cyanide, then the poison travels all over the body of the predator, even with keratinocytes. Maybe this cell can block cyanide and avoid the poison travels further
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:51 am

It should be able to block signal or increase it so the cells that is far away can also receive signals. might be useful for giant creature. Just like our neuron that connects our brain to the reseptor and the effector.
bwisialo wrote: I wonder if some of the cell functions you describe could also be added to the Neurocyte.
Maybe and maybe not. This cell work more like wire, connecting them all over giant organism. Signal will only focus on one way and won't toggle any other cell.
But what I like the most is the ability to block nutrient. This will make parasite even more powerful, they can suck energy from others and the energy will not going back.
C4pung wrote:. There are designs of predators that have their devorocyte exposed and likely to get poisoned by cyanide, then the poison travels all over the body of the predator, even with keratinocytes. Maybe this cell can block cyanide and avoid the poison travels further
But that will surely kill the devourocyte and it won't predator anymore.
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:04 pm

Ah right, that made sense. The most effective way to protect against cyanide is protecting all cells with keratinocytes. But I think this will be valuable in larger organism to relay signals, or what have been suggested acts like dendrite and axons in a neural network.

It will be really useful to make cell circuitry and logic gates. Also how do you plan on progamming multi-branched wires like that on the top right illustration?. That kinda of programming will make really complex circuits possible to make!
Last edited by C4pung on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:36 pm

I don't know. Something like this?

Adhesin Connection ∆

Substance ∆
| Nutrient
| Nitrogen
| Signal

If we chose signal, then
Signal∆
| S1
| S2
| S3
| S4
| Cyanide

Multiple(a slider of -3.0 to 3.0)
-----------------------0-----------------------

Path. [+]
1. NX to∆ NY

*[+] Is to add more path. There should be max.
*NX NY is number, there are dot for every cell connect to it from 1 to 6.( Based on adhesin connection 1-6)
* ∆ means to choose.
* The word between NX and NY can be choosen between "to" and "and".
* Word "to" means one way.
* Word "and" means two ways.

Anything I miss?
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:06 pm

Maybe the amplifier slider should be on every path rather than above.