Wire-like cell

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
C4pung

Re: Wire-like cell

Post by C4pung » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Thats a clear explanation, thanks :) . Too bad the M20 limit will also greatly limit the potential of this cell though.
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:19 pm

what if we use gate logic for "to"?. We can choose the gate and then the input and output things will appear just as what gate we choose. All in one tiny cell.

Gate ∆
AND
OR
NOT

And yeah, 20 modes will limit this cell uses.
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:01 pm

There's a lot here that confuses me. :? Like almost all of it. :lol:

I don't understand selecting Adhesin Connection. Is this how many connections it has, or are you saying it would get input / would Output only through one of its adhesin connections and you select which one? If you are selecting an individual adhesin connection, then substances, nitrates, and nutrients would still diffuse from the destination cell to all cells connected to it, right? And wouldn't you need to select one for input and one for output?

For Nx / Ny, are you selecting mode numbers, or which adhesin connection, or what?

For substances, Neurocytes can block and multiply, so is the only difference for substances a matter of how they get diffused into cells? When is two way for substances a problem such that you would want only one way? Would it only be when you have multiple wire cells?

Could the "no nutrient" flowback be accomplished with an option on Glueocytes? I take it that this would only work on cells from a genome other than the wire cell's genome, otherwise you get an odd result. If it applies only to other genomes, you would still need a Gleuocyte at some point to have connections to other genomes, right?

Sorry, I'm just very confused.
amor fati
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:52 pm

I know this confuse a lot. I'm too just put what I thought here. :lol:

I'm thinking of a cell that is different from other. Normally cells in Cell Lab are round in shape. I want this cell to be long and thin like branches or wire but I wonder if this will be difficult for spliting angle.
To solve that,what if we make a translucent circle (just like other cells) but can only be seen in genome editor. Once you put this organism in the substrate, the translucent will become transparent and you can only see this cell is like wire, connecting other cell. I just wonder if this possible.( Tell me if you don't get it)

The main idea is to make a wire-like cell that can control substance in an organism. For example an organism that has a sensor far away from cells like myocyte, flagellocyte. Those signals emit from the sensor will travel through the wire without losing a bit of it just like those two cells are close to each other.

This cell can also block or multiply nutrient flow. This will enable us to store nutrient in lipocyte. Once nutrient is needed, a signal will trigger this cell to multiply nutrient flow in one direction to the cells that need it.
Blocking nutrient can also prevent parasite. This cell allow the parasites to stick to the organism but doesn't allow them gain nutrient.

Back to your question, the adhesin number is to determine how many connection are there that connect to the inner wire of the wire cell. For example, if you choose 3, then first three connected to the cell will have a dot(N) at their adhesin connection with number 1,2 and 3. That's why there's N1,N2 and N3.(N is just for example). This cell should at least have two adhesin connection or it wont be wire.

Yeah, neurocyte can multiply and block(neutralize) signal but it can't for food and nitrogen. Also, this multiplying is simply to make the signals to go futher after passing through this wire cell.

Would be cool if be can put these fuction on the cell that already here.

No need to worry, I'll will answer as long as I can.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Correct me if any of this is inaccurate.

If it is translucent but circular in the editor, then it has a circular shape in the design. If the only change is that it goes from translucent to transparent, then it is still circular on the substrate, not a different shape. However, it can't have one shape in the editor but a different shape on the substrate, because that creates lots of problems. If the shape issue cannot be resolved, is this cell suggestion a dead issue?

Other than shape, a series of Neurocytes can do long distance. Their output would have to be stronger to have transmission with no loss. But if Neurocytes, Stereocytes, and Senseocytes all had stronger output, you could do most of what you suggest regarding substances, I think. It wouldn't take a huge change to Output for substances to travel 20+ cells without a mulitplier. Substance might be affecting cells that you don't want it to effect because it is traveling through all cells in order to get from point A to point B. But this is only a problem when you are using more than 4 substances: with 4 or less programming with different substances solves that problem. If these sorts of uses have a strong case for them, it seems like stronger outputs and more than 4 available substances would be the way to go.

This is isn't as important, but I still don't get why you select the number of adhesins. If it has 3 connections because that is how you design it, why do you need to enter "3" separately? If the three it has from your design can be numbered, you get the same thing, right?

Keratinocytes prevent parasites, so that particular example on nutrients doesn't seem that compelling. I see that there's a difference in how they prevent parasites, but given what Keratinocytes do, the new cell doesn't seem that useful for the parasite scenario.

If you want to send nitrates to a cell, can't you just add another Nitrocyte to your design instead of a wire cell?

It is more clear to me that nutrient transfer would have some uses that would require a new cell. I'm still thinking about some nutrient transfer issues.
amor fati
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:18 pm

If it is translucent but circular in the editor, then it has a circular shape in the design. If the only change is that it goes from translucent to transparent, then it is still circular on the substrate, not a different shape. However, it can't have one shape in the editor but a different shape on the substrate, because that creates lots of problems. If the shape issue cannot be resolved, is this cell suggestion a dead issue?
That's why I asked whether it's possible. Well the circular translucent around the cell is just to help us with the split angle and prevent messes. In the substrate it will be just like in the genome editor without the translucent circle and will be like a wire connecting all those cells connected to it. If one of them is a flagellocyte for example swimming, then all other cell will look like being pulled by a string
Other than shape, a series of Neurocytes can do long distance.

I limit myself into thinking of neurocyte as a brain. Hehe, yeah they can do that. Look like this will make wire cell useless.
This is isn't as important, but I still don't get why you select the number of adhesins. If it has 3 connections because that is how you design it, why do you need to enter "3" separately? If the three it has from your design can be numbered, you get the same thing, right?
Look like they work the same. Maybe the letter one will be easier?
Keratinocytes prevent parasites, so that particular example on nutrients doesn't seem that compelling. I see that there's a difference in how they prevent parasites, but given what Keratinocytes do, the new cell doesn't seem that useful for the parasite scenario.
If you want to send nitrates to a cell, can't you just add another Nitrocyte to your design instead of a wire cell?
Well this is all simply for fun. Playing with cells, creating varies of organisms that lived together, seeing alot of cell nature.
It is more clear to me that nutrient transfer would have some uses that would require a new cell.
This is what I want to suggest at first until I added other function to it ( the signals and nitrogen transfering)
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:41 am

This is just a little test. An S2 Senseocyte with -30 output signals through 16 cells to a Neurocyte that generates +S1 from negative S2. +S1 will turn the Stemocyte attached to the Neurocyte red.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d64iwu9twbtkv ... trate?dl=0

You would definitely want more signal than that to get a "high fidelity" Neurocyte response and complex programming. But the start is already there.
amor fati
K-man

Post by K-man » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:33 am

Awesome! Great idea!
"Place the devourocytes here..."
-Cellbert Einstein
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Actually, most cells already act as "wires".. Wireless connections are possible with Secros.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.