Square plates

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Noughtypixy

Square plates

Post by Noughtypixy » Fri May 19, 2017 10:51 am

Or rectangular with a height/width parameter, this would tie in well with second suggestion which is being able to set CL as an active wallpaper/screensaver.
beware the pixys
Megathosto14

Re: Square plates

Post by Megathosto14 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:12 am

Screensaver! Great Idea!
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Fri May 19, 2017 12:26 pm

I've been thinking about diffrent plates lately too!. The rectangular plates not only looks good, they could have diffrent uses for the genome itself, plant-like organisms to attach to the vertical plates :) . Or maybe multiple rectangles connected by a thin "hallway" so its like cell inside a cell, we can see how organism will react to eachother and mix up when they are separated.

Also how about programming light concetration as well as nutrient concetration? So there will be "hotspots" not only on the edges of the plate, but you can program it anywhere on the plate.

I also taught about having a concave/convex plate, so if the substrate is dry, the liquid will go either the center or the edges of the plate. This will give interesting habitat where crawlers and swimmer can coexist in a single substrate (bwisialo has posted a video about this habitat, but the swimmer is really slow, and the crawler slids around)
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Dan

Post by Dan » Thu May 25, 2017 12:37 pm

Yeah!! Good idea C4pung, then there will be a type of cell that detects were is a dry or wet spots, and it can also detect light. How about it? ;) :)
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Can I see your cell's COLOR,
And copy its HUE?
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Thu May 25, 2017 12:52 pm

Thats a really cool idea! More sensoric cells for more smart organisms!, a great addition along with wall detection suggestion. I think Euglena sp. have an "eye" sensor to detect light too.

But I dont know how does the cell reacts to said stimulus :? . Stereocyte-like or senseocyte-like. How about putting the stimulus on the stereocyte and senseocyte?. So stereo/senseo can detect food, cells, light, and water content (perhaps wall detection too).
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Dan

Post by Dan » Thu May 25, 2017 1:42 pm

Yes!! It can be an added function to stereo and senso. ;) :D
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
And copy its HUE?
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu May 25, 2017 2:47 pm

Detecting light and wall have been suggested a lot, which is a good thing. :) There are some threads with suggestions for detection. The other big one is detecting cell type.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by wet and dry. There is no liquid involved: there is no fluid physics in the code. "Dry" used for Friction and Desert is just a metaphor for Dynamic friction, because Flagellocytes can't move. So you'd have to been talking about having friction on some parts of the plate but not others, which I guess could be kind of cool. Hmm...
amor fati
Dan

Post by Dan » Thu May 25, 2017 2:55 pm

:lol: Ok. I just misunderstood that. Haha sorry
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
And copy its HUE?
Dan

Post by Dan » Thu May 25, 2017 2:58 pm

But isn't that cool seeing a fluid or a water in a substrate? ;) Just a visualization where there is no friction in that surface?
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
And copy its HUE?
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu May 25, 2017 3:09 pm

I think spots of light have been suggested too. That could be cool and allow for new things.
amor fati