Square plates

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
bwisialo

Re: Square plates

Post by bwisialo » Thu May 25, 2017 3:14 pm

I'm not sure what I think of the friction idea.
amor fati
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:19 pm

How about random food size and concentration, around the range of what we choose. With this lipos will be widely use as storage then just spliting and egg.
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Thu May 25, 2017 3:22 pm

Well without the sensors like Dan mentioned, a concave/convex plate will be a deathtrap for swimmers and crawlers alike. Swimmers will get stuck and crawlers couldnt get enough friction to move
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Dan

Post by Dan » Thu May 25, 2017 3:26 pm

Yes, that is for the concave or convex plates. :D
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Can I see your cell's COLOR,
And copy its HUE?
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu May 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Yes, I saw that. I'm not sure what I think of it.
amor fati
ShiN1GaM1

Post by ShiN1GaM1 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:12 am

About the "wall sensor" I think a "tension sensor" would be a better idea, so this way they can feel walls and other cells.
Btw excellent game, I just started to learn how to code, so I can mimic this game into computer and with some other parameters of my choice. Then I got to know you were already trying to make a computer version ahah.
I've been thinking of the light sensor too and I really think that would be great, so many interactions can come from here, like «follor light» or «follor light» during a part of the life cicle, then «follow food» or «follow organisms» or even to go to deposit an egg somewhere specific.
I had other idea of "player made walls" basicly walls that a player can put in the petri dish, with the shape at player's will. the wall could have color so the cells could find them in order to attach to them or deposit the egg there for it to grow safe (this way maybe we could save some modes to be wasted on keratinocites).
And 1 last idea, so I saw that you would implement gametocites, and in my understanding they would combine and inherit 1 of the parents modes (for each 1 of the 20 modes) I was imagining that the cell could store both 20 modes from the parents (genotype), but only 1 of them would be expressed, (phenotype), and them when the gametocite forms it only gets 1 of each mode randomly from the parent, then they (the 2 gametocites) fuse and the resulting cell has 40 modes but can only express 20 of them, chosing randomly from the "parent 1" or "parent 2".

I'm a graduating biologist, and I love evolution and all that has to do with that. So as you can imagine I loved this game! (o) (o)
If you love it hard enough, eventually you'll be the best at it (o)