New Tab for taking notes

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
C4pung

New Tab for taking notes

Post by C4pung » Sun May 21, 2017 6:51 am

Ive recently working on genome that takes alot of modes. Even though more modes is really a good addition, I think we still can bunch in and force the few modes we have to make an organism

I suggest have a new tab :D . We have 3 right now which is substrate, microscope, and genome. Maybe its possible to implement the 4th tab to take notes?

When making a big organism/one that take lots of modes I usually take notes on what modes does what(even dedicated a small notebook for writing down genome :lol: ). Maybe the new Notes tab will list M1-M20 with its corresponding cell type and a line where we can fill in information manually like : Lipo egg, development lipo, left flagello, right flagello, food stereo, and many other things. This will help us to use the few modes we have efficiently

I know we can use multitab and other apps together, or use a notebook like I do. But I think the in-game tab will be more efficient and more accurate :)
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
bwisialo

Re: New Tab for taking notes

Post by bwisialo » Sun May 21, 2017 6:56 am

Interesting idea. It could be combined with the genome as text suggestion.
amor fati
Tarux

Post by Tarux » Sun May 21, 2017 7:24 am

This can be useful to know which modes in your genome are unused, or which are being used. I can see this being useful for larger organisms as you can view the modes much more easily, allowing you to save modes that you could've wasted if it wasn't for the note-tab.
Ahh, the fresh smell of celluar mitosis!
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sun May 21, 2017 10:11 am

Yes that is its main use, I think the Note tab will assign the unused modes by displaying "default genome" or something so we know which mode is available to use and use multiple modes again by reading our description. Maybe something like this (Kite Swimmer):
Modes Daughter Cells Description
M1 : Lipocyte M2 , M3 Lipo Egg
M2 : Lipocyte M4 , M5 1st Devolopment Lipo
M3 : Lipocyte M6 , M7 2nd Devolopment Lipo
M4 : Phagocyte M4 , M4 Head
M5 : Flagellocyte M5 , M5 Right Flagelo
M6 : Flagellocyte M6 , M6 Left Flagelo
M7 : Stereocyte M7 , M1 Food Stereo
M8 : Phagocyte M8 , M8 -
M9 : Phagocyte M9 , M9 -
M20 : Lipocyte M1 , M1 First Lipo

The Modes and Daughter Cells table will be rigged to the Genome tab to be accurate. So when you change something in the genome editor, it will also change the Notes Tab
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Sun May 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Lab Notes!
It could be combined with the genome as text suggestion.
Yes, this. It should have already infomation in it to be read, like the text suggestion. And it could have some extra space below or right next to it where the user can add text.
M1 : Lipocyte M2 , M3 Lipo Egg
M2 : Lipocyte M4 , M5 1st Devolopment Lipo
M3 : Lipocyte M6 , M7 2nd Devolopment Lipo
In complex organisms I outline exactly like this, in paper, only adding a comment to the right that explains in 2 words the function of that mode like.
ErrorDAR32

Post by ErrorDAR32 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:38 am

What if you can also see the notes in the form of a flowchart with the cells in each box with their data
*Bugs arreglados.
*Añadidos más Bugs para arreglarlos más tarde.

Yo: Nooooooo, le añadieron bichosss!!!!!!!!!