Some features

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Science Nerd

Some features

Post by Science Nerd » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:28 pm

An adhesion strength setting for glueocytes to make cells bind to it more strongly or weakly. Glueocytes should also be more of facilitating nutrient transfer.

Lipocytes should have a fast rate of storing fat when there is input of nutrients and only releases fat when the flow of nuyrient stops.

Bubble cell. Makes a bubble around itself and to other cells upon contact with its bubble (keratinocytes are affected). The bubble acts like a cushion to prevent a cell from dying when a cell hits obstacles. Cells that gain a bubble from the bubble cell lose it when they divide.

More light features such as scattered light spots across the petri dish, light gradients, light rising and setting cyclically across the petri dish

Currents circulating in the substrate. Challenges can be made that require organisms that need to go or swim against the current to survive

Immunity cell. This cell has the function of specifically attacking cells different from its genome (except for differences in color, split angle, mirror, child 1 angle and child 2 angle) This cell has probes which upon contact with other cells inspects their genome and at the same time inject toxins to cells with different genomes and this toxin can spread to a few adjacent cells through adhesin connections and takes effect if it is in the target cell. The cell can be set to target a specific cell type of which its toxins have different effects on different cells: arrests cell division (phagocyte, photocyte) kills cell (devorocytes, virocytes, immunity cells; only occurs if the cell is protected by a keratinocyte or if the mode of the cell is not prone to infection by the target virocyte) interferes with cellular functions ( nitrocytes stop producing nitrates, lipocytes cannot store lipids nor release their lipid reserves, flagellar activity stops in flagellocytes, bubble cells fail to make bubbles) break adhesin connections (glueocytes, buoyocytes and keratinocytes; keratinocytes can't be affected directly but through cells that are indirectly connected to it)

I hope my ideas could be of some help :)
Petter
Site Admin

Re: Some features

Post by Petter » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Hi,
Nice ideas! I'll keep them in mind, might do something like the toxic cell, though i think i'll just base it on color so that it could for example only poison red cells.

Cheers,
Petter
Science Nerd

Post by Science Nerd » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:35 pm

I'm glad my ideas could be of help! :D I was wondering what kind of toxic effect would be good to implement. I think a toxin that breaks adhesin connections would be interesting. Breaking adhesin connections of cells is an effective way of eliminating organisms especially if the cells are dependent on these adhesin connections for maintaining the integrity of the organism. :) I was also thinking if there is any chance for the bioluminscent cell to be used in the game. I think it would be really cool to use that kind of cell for something. :D I was also thinking of some magnetic cell idea but so far I have really no definite thought for its usefulness. :| I would also like to report some bugs. Currently after some time the flagella of the flagellocytes seem to stiffen and stop moving. It appears more early when the flagellum speed is higher. Also my phone shows the cell nucleus as squares for lipocytes and buoyocytes. Even in the normal looking cell there is still some square outline. However i think i saw what causes the nucleus to look like a square. I found it in buoyocytes just before they had their square nucleus. Its a small square at the center so you have to really zoom in to see it. The glueocytes also look more like virocytes and keratinocytes dont have any nucleus. Thank you for considering my ideas. :D I also hope these bugs can be fixed in future updates :)
TygrCZ

Post by TygrCZ » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:36 am

With your idea, we have yet another way to obelirate multi-cell organisms. Now I'm actually thinking, if small organisms have more chances to survive than huge and complex multi-cell organisms. Seems like a problem that should be solved. Anyway, goodbye and have a nice day. ;)
Hello, I am TygrCZ.