New challenges

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
CandyYAHFT

New challenges

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi guys
Okey tell me what you think, I have 5 ideas for new challenges.
New challenge No.1- Programmed to die
In this challenge you have to make a species that survive in an environment with lots of food, without light, with maxed gravity, low density, low viscosity,kill at edge, all cell types banned except phagocytes, here you have to make a genome that reproduces to 300(this nber might should be changed) cells but backs to zero after,.
New challenge No. 2- Complicated is better
This will be a substrate with Max light, medium light range, other values are default, here you have to make a species that extincts an unicellular photocyte, with virocytes and photocytes banned for you
New challenge No. 3- hibernation
This an environment with settings that make you stay down(to explain it faster), medium light range maximum light intensity,very slow light direction change, the light starts down, no nutrients, normal viscosity, all cell types banned except lipocytes, and photocytes, here you have to make a species that survives 5 sun cycles ( I didn't know how to name this) with only one cell inserted
New challenge No. 4- complicated is better II
Okay, here the point is to make a species that reproduces to 1000 in a substrate I made, that I will upload later
New challenge No.5- complicated is better III
Here you have to make a species that gets to 500 cells, but in any moment let the other cells in the substrate be less than 20 cells, I have a substrate for this too.
I didn't limit to a exact number because I want Petter to decide how much potential difficult they have, the last 2 substrates I will send them to Petter in private (of he wants) along with one possible solutions for each one, I named them that way because the only way I found to solve them is with 15 modes genomes, complicated right, but let my ideas free to be modified if the community wants to.
Peace and love,
Candy
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Petter
Site Admin

Re: New challenges

Post by Petter » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:25 pm

Very cool!
So you have solutions for all of these? It would be great if you could upload them here, with solutions (or just email the solution to me if you want). Perhaps we can all test them out a bit to see that they work? Sometimes a challenge seems really hard but actually there is a very simple solution :P. If they work well I'd be glad to include them in the game :), with creds to you ofc.

Cheers,
Petter
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:34 pm

I'd like to upload them here, but I need my PC, so I will do it probably tomorrow (I'm not at home right now)
Do you want me to upload just the substrates or also the solutions?
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:23 am

I'd love to see the substrates.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:40 am

Good news I got a new challenge, is on a Petri dish with default settings (without radiation of course) okay I make the perfect swimmer, I mean there is no way that in normal conditions you make a swimmer better than this, it's almost impossible to kill it with virocytes, and I managed their angles to somehow avoid devoroucytes (tremendously mysterious), I develop them without evolution, just a lot of time spent on them, and of course love, tons of love, :lol: , so challenge 6 "beat the unbeatable" I want to see if you can beat my super swimmers, I'll upload the substrates as soon as possible, probably tomorrow
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:37 am

OH MY GOODNESS
I finally solve all the Dropbox problems so here you have the probably amazing substrates, that I hope could get official in game included challenges, or at least pretty popular
New challenge 1.- Programmed to die

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2yjtjlqgtruv ... trate?dl=0
Okay this is a big substrate, here you have to make a species that with only one cell inserted go to 2800 , but after reaching this number, suicides, (I actually made a 14 modes genome that reaches 2950 cells in 8h[in game time] and suicides after a minute or so incubating), so my indications should just serve as a guide and not as a total rule, because I don't know how difficult could this be
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:46 am

Challenge 2.- complicated is better

https://www.dropbox.com/s/th97oswcp32j2 ... trate?dl=0

Fine, as I say it before, here you have to kill all the 1-mode photocytes present in the substrate, the problem is that is not as easy as it could sound, because virocytes are banned, and this is not normal default photocytes, I actually tried to improve them, and I maded, even I thought they were unbeatable I solved it with 7 inserted cells strategically placed in time and space to get the more potential destructive power of a 6-mode genome (I don't give to many details because I want you to solve it by yourselves, I give you this numbers as a guide for the difficult) I spent 250h solving this one, I'm sure you can do it better than me
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:56 am

New challenge 3.- Hibernation

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4fzsf8dtctjo ... trate?dl=0

Okay this is like sunlight II, but in a bigger Petri dish, gravity makes you stay down, and light cycles are slower, so you have to store more energy, is much more difficult than sunlight II that's for sure, only lipocytes and photocytes are available, 5 sun cycles, technically if you survive this, it's almost sure that your genome will endlessly survive, that's why I choose this number, my solution is pretty simple, but also it's really poor designed, when the light is back just 2 or 3 photocytes stay alive, and when light arrives they reproduce again, let's see if you can design something better
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:02 pm

New challenge 4.- complicated is better II

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxm8mlknw1kdp ... trate?dl=0

Here you should make a species that hits the 3000 cell limit in this no viscosity high gravity low density substrate, with a comfortable Max light intensity and range, Max nutrients concentration and chunk size, only phagocytes and photocytes available, I make it inserting just 1 cell of a 15 mode genome, I want to see how you solve it
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:11 pm

New challenge 5.- complicated is better III

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zg38k7z2pm8b0 ... trate?dl=0

Okay, in this substrate all values are default(radiation at zer of course), I put some really really bad swimmers, they're so poorly, (don't worry I designed them to be that way), so you have to make a species that gets 500 cells, without starving our little inferior swimmers, this mean you have to make a balance, so the challenge should have a different name, you know like "reach the balance" I actually don't have a solution for this one, but it should be easy (or at least not impossible) to develop one
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY