New challenges

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
CandyYAHFT

Re: New challenges

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:19 pm

I was looking for past similar case, and I found there is, the Mr. Booh genome has the same bug mine has, but i don't know why I don't have trouble to download it, and to upload it as well (this last I did it just for try) but my bugged genomes give a fatalitie to my cellphone, it totally crash everything, I see it has the same thing mine has, spitts lots of bugged keratinocytes, and keeps reproducing without food until it eventually reaches the cell limit, doesn't matter how high is this, but my genomes don't use nitrocytes, at least not this time
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Petter wrote:...not sure that is a bug, they do die eventually right?

Cheers,
Petter
In the bug I posted previously (infection2success), the mode 3 Phagocyte clearly has the bug, and the Phagocyte will eventually die. You can see this most easily on a substrate with few nutrients.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Petter wrote:Very cool!
So you have solutions for all of these? It would be great if you could upload them here, with solutions (or just email the solution to me if you want). Perhaps we can all test them out a bit to see that they work? Sometimes a challenge seems really hard but actually there is a very simple solution :P. If they work well I'd be glad to include them in the game :), with creds to you ofc.

Cheers,
Petter
Petter,

By the way, feel free of course to use any of the challenges I've posted -- or modified versions of them -- in the game. :) I'll send you solutions via PM.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:16 pm

I used your premise from "challenge 1" -- reach a high cell count then die -- to create a challenge, with credit to you. I called it “Burst of Life” -- posted in the Showcase section.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:08 pm

bwisialo wrote:I used your premise from "challenge 1" -- reach a high cell count then die -- to create a challenge, with credit to you. I called it “Burst of Life” -- posted in the Showcase section.
That sounds pretty cool ;)
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:54 am

3 - Hibernation

I've tried various things, but the highest I can keep the surviving Phagocyte population is 10 to 20. It seems that, the light takes so long to come around that no matter how many Lipocytes you get around the Phagocytes, very few will survive. And when the light does come around, gravity is so strong that much of the population growth gets crushed to death against the bottom wall. A cruel substrate! :twisted:
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:08 pm

I guess you we're trying to say photocyte, but I guess there should be a remarkable solution, if a genome let's alive at least 10 cells when the sun is reaching that's already epic, I made 5 survive, though is a question of perfect timing, cause you need to make the cells made a lot of photocytes to reproduce fast, but you need a lot of lipocytes when the light is gone, I've been close, but this is one of the challenges where more modes will be really useful, but I think is possible with 15 modes, it shouldn't be so hard
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY