New challenges

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
CandyYAHFT

Re: New challenges

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:21 pm

BONUS

New challenge 6.- Beat the unbeatables

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bli0of7zrhprb ... trate?dl=0

Okay, this are probably not the best swimmers to solve the challenges already in the game, I designed them to be extremely hard to kill, first I thought they were to hard, and nobody will be able to kill them, I don't have a solution for this, when I say they avoid devoroucytes, I didn't mean I make a bug, I mean, I put irregular "trails" to make them almost unpredictable, so it will be hard to tend a tramp, and devoroucytes could reduce their numbers, but it never will totally kill them, I want to see if you can beat my little perfect pests
(I call them unbeatable rainbow)
I add the color to let you see that designing a virus will be thought, even if there's actually just 1 genome
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:22 pm

CandyYAHFT wrote:New challenge 6.- Beat the unbeatables
Thanks for posting the substrates!!!

I'm sending you two solutions to challenge 6 -- two genomes I already had in my Gene Bank. One uses Devorocytes and the other does not.
Last edited by bwisialo on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:54 am

Nice they work, thank you, you just kill all my enthusiasm :lol:
Good genomes, your second solution was really hard to kill when try to get my revenge ;)
Peace and love,
Candy
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:20 am

CandyYAHFT wrote:1.- Programmed to die

Okay this is a big substrate, here you have to make a species that with only one cell inserted go to 2800 , but after reaching this number, suicides, (I actually made a 14 modes genome that reaches 2950 cells in 8h[in game time] and suicides after a minute or so incubating), so my indications should just serve as a guide and not as a total rule, because I don't know how difficult could this be
Thanks again for posting the substrates. :)

This first challenge has a simple 1 mode solution - sent to you via PM. "Programmed to die" -- reach a high cell count then die -- is an interesting idea. :) But the amount of nutrients on this substrate makes it easy reach the cell count, and Gravity and "Kill cells at edge" makes suicide / extinction easy. Hope this helps. :)
Last edited by bwisialo on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:22 am

CandyYAHFT wrote:4.- complicated is better II

Here you should make a species that hits the 3000 cell limit in this no viscosity high gravity low density substrate, with a comfortable Max light intensity and range, Max nutrients concentration and chunk size, only phagocytes and photocytes available, I make it inserting just 1 cell of a 15 mode genome, I want to see how you solve it
Again, this has a simple 3 mode solution - sent to you via PM. It's basically the same as my solution for Floaters I.

Complicated isn't always better. :)
Last edited by bwisialo on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:25 am

Challenge 2 does not open after download because it has a "." in its name. You have to rename it: e.g., "challenge 2 point 1" or "challenge 2 v1"
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:35 am

CandyYAHFT wrote:3.- Hibernation

Okay this is like sunlight II, but in a bigger Petri dish, gravity makes you stay down, and light cycles are slower, so you have to store more energy, is much more difficult than sunlight II that's for sure, only lipocytes and photocytes are available, 5 sun cycles, technically if you survive this, it's almost sure that your genome will endlessly survive, that's why I choose this number, my solution is pretty simple, but also it's really poor designed, when the light is back just 2 or 3 photocytes stay alive, and when light arrives they reproduce again, let's see if you can design something better
My initial solution basically has the same results: less than 10 Photocytes stay alive long enough for the next light cycle.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 am

Oops. Just realized that Buoyos aren't permitted on challenge 4. My bad.

But the solution I sent for challenge 1 also hits 2900+ (maybe 3000 maybe not) on this challenge. If I start with an initial cell that splits into a Photocyte and my solution for challenge 1, it'll hit 3000.
Last edited by bwisialo on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:17 am

CandyYAHFT wrote:New challenge 5.- complicated is better III

Okay, in this substrate all values are default(radiation at zer of course), I put some really really bad swimmers, they're so poorly, (don't worry I designed them to be that way), so you have to make a species that gets 500 cells, without starving our little inferior swimmers, this mean you have to make a balance, so the challenge should have a different name, you know like "reach the balance" I actually don't have a solution for this one, but it should be easy (or at least not impossible) to develop one
The named used in the CL challenges for this sort of challenge is "Symbiosis."

After using the substrate a bit, here are my first thoughts. Hopefully they will be helpful. :)

This sort of symbiosis challenge is a great idea :) , but it's difficult to get a good starting substrate that has an attainable solution.

The cell count for the inferior simmers is 350-460. If you mean, the Objective is to add a species that reaches 500 of its own cells, the new species would definitely kill off the inferior swimmers. If you mean, the Objective is to get the total cell count to 500 -- including the inferior swimmers' cells, and with the new species maintaining a cell count of 40-150 or higher -- this is also highly unlikely. On a substrate of this size, with these swimmers, and with these settings, one species will almost certainly kill off the other fairly quickly.

When I was trying to create my "Tip the Balance II," it was extremely difficult get my 2 species into a symbiosis that lasted. That's why I ended up using a 1.5 mm dish, and even then I had to do a lot of fine tuning of the species and the settings. And my 2 species had the symbiotic "benefit" of having a balance of strengths and weaknesses -- with Devorocytes for one and Keratinocytes for the other. Regarding your challenge, even on a larger petri dish, it would be extremely difficult to achieve a symbiosis with basic swimmers like the ones on your substrate -- they are much, much more likely to either kill off or to be killed by a new species.

It might be possible to achieve a momentary symbiosis / balance between these inferior swimmers and a new species, but in all likelihood, that moment would merely be a passing one on the route to one species killing the other. :twisted:

So, first, it would help if you clarified what the Objective is. Second, I'm not sure that any long-term symbiosis will be possible on this substrate. For any challenge, it's a good idea to develop solutions before posting the challenge.

This sort of challenge is very tricky to create. I hope this helps. :)
Last edited by bwisialo on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:33 am

Yeah, that's the point, it's an easy one (probably) it's not possible to count the total, so, that's why is say the numbers might should be changed, I made a genome that solves the challenge and reaches the 800 cell limit, but has a bug when I try to upload it, it crash my cell lab, I probably should tell Petter about this
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY