New challenges

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
CandyYAHFT

Re: New challenges

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:45 am

Here is the link for challenge 2
https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/challen ... tSGJtqPshA
(BTW tygrz, I do another post instead of edit, because if I just edit, doesn't give a notification that the post has been updated)
Last edited by CandyYAHFT on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:50 am

A genome that makes 800 on this substrate might have a common bug in v42 :( , where one or more cells (cell modes) splits or survives on the dish without actually having the nutrients it needs to do so. It seems like this substrate does not have enough nutrients to sustain a bug-free genome at 800 cells.

If your species reaches 800 and doesn't hane a bug, you'e got a pretty amazing species in your hands! :)
amor fati
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:36 pm

Haven't been able to try these yet, no access to cell lab atm, but it goes without saying that you shouldn't exploit the bug in challenges. The bug is gone in next version anyways.
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:14 pm

I like the bugs, they let me do amazing things, BTW, I noticed that you only answer when someone writes Petter, why is this?
Anyway, that's the reason I haven't reported any bug, though I already detected a lot,I like to exploit them, but I don't know if you did it on purpose (I'm talking to Petter) but I always have troubles when I try to upload a bugged genome, actually a lot of trouble, it completely crash my cell lab, 3 times I even had to take the battery off and put it in again to make my cellphone responds, so that's why I didn't uploaded my best genomes, the curious is, other people gets genomes with bugs when they use evolution, but I get them using 7 to 15 modes, designed without evolution, I make most of them from zero, other I design them taking the genomes you put in the challenges, and I make them better for me, but I use evolution for fun, cause only 3 times give me useful things, like my solution for macrophages IV, that I deleted later because I thought it was useless, (because it was developed by evolution ), but I usually find the bugs by logic, for example, my overdeveloped tanked swimmers are designed to barely have mass in the keratinocyte nucleus (it could be a bug, but your antibug software :lol: didn't detected it) and still giving a 100% protection against viruses and devoroucytes, so that's why they are the simplest solution for tip the balance, but my most bugged genomes can't be uploaded for some reason, but I still can use them for the challenges
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:24 pm

BTW bwisialo, the solution that reaches the 800 cell limit in the complicated copy of symbiosis, is a simple swimmer that spits out swimmers, which when reached the maximum limit of reproduction the food allowed, they start spitting low mass keratinocytes, for the time of 7 modes, then if the challenge is not completed yet they back to reproduce, and after a while they back to try it, it's bugged because for some reason my keratinocytes keeps living without energy after 100h or so with a starting mass of 1ng (I think this is the unit for mass in the game) I thought they will be surviving for the 60b you stated, but not, they stay bugged, I would like to send you a video with the funny moves they do, they grow, contract explode, and back to grow, all of this in a second or so, and they always have this aura that scares me, likes like there was radiation coming out from the cells
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:19 pm

Hi,
Sorry to hear about the bugs, could you please write a new thread about them and in detail describe how to reproduce them?

CandyYAHFT:
BTW, I noticed that you only answer when someone writes Petter, why is this?
I don't get what you mean. Should I answer when someone hasn't written anything :)?
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:09 pm

CandyYAHFT wrote:...for some reason my keratinocytes keeps living without energy after 100h or so with a starting mass of 1ng...
Yep, that's the bug.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:16 pm

I'll try it, though it will be complicated, cause it has 14 modes, I maybe will do it when I have my PC, but this won't be possible until the next week, I have been traveling a lot lastly, Petter, how much information should I give, I mean what settings
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:45 pm

CandyYAHFT wrote: (BTW tygrz, I do another post instead of edit, because if I just edit, doesn't give a notification that the post has been updated)
I think you meant "bwisialo" :)

Before I post, I usually go back to see if any edits have been made to the previous posts. But in this instance, I was probably editing at the same time you were posting. Sorry about that.
amor fati
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:36 pm

for some reason my keratinocytes keeps living without energy after 100h or so with a starting mass of 1ng..
...not sure that is a bug, they do die eventually right? About the 14 mode bug, could you please try to identify what the bug is and make a simpler scenario it appears in? If the bug is related to adhesin connections being invisible, or cells magically getting nutrients it the bug that has already been fixed.

Cheers,
Petter