Pond
29%
Other
9%

Total votes: 35

Eu Sou A Fazenda

Any plans for any sort of multiplayer?

Postby Eu Sou A Fazenda » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:04 pm

So, ive seen the Steam Greenlight (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... /856897316) comment section and
theyve been sending a TON of suggestions for multiplayer mode. Ill share some that Ive seen.

1: Arena.
This looks like a realy, realy bad idea. This would end up turning the game into
a 100% immune to Devorocytes starvation till death competition. And the purpouse of the
game isnt making a "perfect" organism, its more about creating cool ones.

2: Decline
The idea here would be starting with a subsract with perfect conditions and then getting worse,
till no cell is left. This looks like a good idea, at least better than just an arena, due to it getting worse.
This would mean that spare cells (aka Keratinocytes) would be realy, realy bad having later on. Can work.

3: Sandbox
This idea is just a place to hang on with friends and such. This can be the one that can work better, if done wright.
What woulld need to be added would be some option on what the user that join can do. "Add cells to substract",
"Edit cell on the genome editor" (this one about editing is a must if you make this, I would realy wanna some help
when I cant figure it out what to do) and "change genome settings.

There was a 4th idea (the Pond), but the creator alread seen it, but im going to say about it anyways.
The idea was of a giant substrate where anyone can place a cell per day, and reset every day. Can work,
but the substract would need to be almost perfect to stop Photocytes Infestations (PI, as I call them) but still
alow plants. Maybe 3 Ponds would also be a great idea, one for each substract type (normal, no nitrogens and gravity).

Anyways. Do your have anything planned/on development and yours wanna/can share?
Thanks for reading.

Nayus

Re: Any plans for any sort of multiplayer?

Postby Nayus » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:28 pm

I'm not sure what to think of the other options, but the "Pond" idea sounds cool! Only that I don't know how such big substrate could be hold and access

If we had weirder rules and settings for substrates you could create different enviroments or something like that, then you can see populations and behaviors change overtime. I don't know. One can dream.

humon

Postby humon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:24 pm

The pond idea is something I've been thinking about myself. Though not in multiplayer, but singleplayer. Might work in the first more though.

The best I can think of is a large substrate with a huge variety of settings. For instance, more nutrients spawn on the right side of the substrate, but the ones are bigger on the left. This would also give a slight advantage to evolution of smart organisms, if it was present.
The lower we go the density increases, as well as salinity.
Of course multiple combinations are possible for instance one where the father right you go, the less nitrate splitting costs, effectively some locations requiring no nitrocytes, while others must have it quite a bit.

A public pond would be nice, but collabs of ~5 players would be more organised. The pond would be saved online requiring WiFi, and when someone has time they can join the online server -which is inactive at the time-, become the host, and start the substrate timer, maybe even incubate it. Other members could join, but since they aren't the host, they couldn't change the speed (prevents RIP phone if the host couldn't handle incubation).
The host status is given to the player with the most phone strength if the current host runs out of WiFi, disconnects, or simply leaves.

The players who aren't host wouldn't have the game "running", but instead just observe it, add cells, and check genomes. So the math wouldn't be handled by them, they would only get the positions, colours, splits, etc., and if they copy the genome, a request would first be sent to the host's app to send the genome as the modes wouldn't be part of the observation data either.
-First experiment of the Aspiring Apprentice-
Once a single split,
Now a grand gift,
Thanks to evolution,
A complete revolution.

The substrate being well lit,
The cells no longer fit,
One last tragic split:
"I quit!"

-the Lost Poet

AdityaTheGamer1804

Postby AdityaTheGamer1804 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:49 pm

It's good if added Sandbox and added chat room in there :-)
Two things I loved:
1.My parents,of course
2. Cell Lab

humon

Postby humon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:31 pm

AdityaTheGamer1804 wrote:It's good if added Sandbox and added chat room in there :-)

Discord is already reliable as a chatroom, we just gotta get everyone into it. So far it proved rather handy for checking out half-finished substrates and giving tips. The fast reaction time is the best part.
-First experiment of the Aspiring Apprentice-
Once a single split,
Now a grand gift,
Thanks to evolution,
A complete revolution.

The substrate being well lit,
The cells no longer fit,
One last tragic split:
"I quit!"

-the Lost Poet

K-man

Postby K-man » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:12 am

YES! I WANT MULTIPLAYER!
I change interests, just like a stemocyte.

ElNico5

Postby ElNico5 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:57 am

Nice ideas! It would be awesome
Writing from a small house in Agmalarkiia

Return to “Suggestions and Bug Reports”