New cell ideas

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Alast

Re: New cell ideas

Post by Alast » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:44 pm

All, please let's not make this a religious debate. In my experience those never end well.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Sci-fo

Post by Sci-fo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:32 am

Checkmate? It doesn't even explain gravity at all... In cell lab its a substrate so we can tilt it. But e other examples (elastic and tree bucket (trebuchet)) are using another force. Even the earth which is moving through outer space is slowing down. I would like a written e plantation of gravity( no potential energy) and not a link to a wikidpedia either, ty.
Eu Sou A Fazenda

Post by Eu Sou A Fazenda » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:12 am

Sci-fo wrote:Checkmate? It doesn't even explain gravity at all... In cell lab its a substrate so we can tilt it. But e other examples (elastic and tree bucket (trebuchet)) are using another force. Even the earth which is moving through outer space is slowing down. I would like a written e plantation of gravity( no potential energy) and not a link to a wikidpedia either, ty.
Sure, ill explain potential energy.
Potential Energy is the potential of something.
Lets say a spring. If you let it alone, it would be with 1 feet, lets say. However, if you put pressure on it from above,
it would became smaller. When you stop putting pressure, it goes back to 1 feet. Why? Potential Energy.
The same is about gravity: Something is atop a building. There is a lot of potential energy there. If someone drops the thing
from the building, its potential energy would turn into kinetic energy (the energy of things moving). This is how gravity works, basicaly.

One of the main things about pyshics is that no energy or mass can be created, everything is transformed.
In the example of the spring, we turned our kinetic energy (from the pressure) into potential into kinetic.
In the example of the building, we turned potential energy into kinetic. You may not like it, but this is how the universe works.
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:09 am

I study physics but I haven't left classic physics yet, so no deep knowledge on the topic.

I could go and make an attempt to explain the general theory of relativity, which is the theory that explains and describes gravity in modern physics, but I'd probably make a fool of myself by getting most of it very wrong.

The point is that that theory explains how objects with mass have that weak attraction to one another, two objects will have this force that pulls them together. Then the more mass an object has, the more of that weak force is stacked together and slowly it gets noticeable. A planet like earth is just so massive that 'pulls' all the smallest objects that happen to be 'near' (the gravitational field). That's the gravity we feel, but of course gravity is present in every two objects with energy or mass.

I personally cannot explain completely where the 'energy' of the gravity comes from. I'm literally studying in order to one day understand it, but I have confidence that scientists wouldn't just hold two principles that at first glance contradict each other as true without a link or explanation of how they actually relate, so I'm sure there's an explanation of gravity.

I'm curious, how do you explain gravity?
Maybe we're going too off topic though :lol: :lol: I really like this discussion but maybe this thread isn't the place for it.
Praizmlet

Post by Praizmlet » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:47 am

What the utility of that cell
Its just a glueocyte, but worst
(o)
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:12 am

With the cell idea "Trapyocyte", will it just take in the victim cell and become as "one"?

In my opinion, I think it'll be better if we were the one to make multicellular genomes with the same function (consuming cells as a whole) than having one cell to compensate for that.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.