Post by ElNico5 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:40 pm

It would be cool if the ciliocyte can move across dry enviroments
Writing from a small house in Agmalarkiia
AdityaTheGamer1804

Re: Ciliocyte

Post by AdityaTheGamer1804 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:25 am

ElNico5 wrote:It would be cool if the ciliocyte can move across dry enviroments
Yes! I think same too :D
Use your Creativity to make anything good :)
Alast

Post by Alast » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:02 am

This idea actually has been discussed. And while I personally like it the decision was not to have the Ciliocyte replace the Myocyte as crawling engine.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
humon

Post by humon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:34 pm

Alast wrote:This idea actually has been discussed. And while I personally like it the decision was not to have the Ciliocyte replace the Myocyte as crawling engine.
It would be interesting if it allowed an organism to use it as a gyroscope to change directions
-First experiment of the Aspiring Apprentice-
Once a single split,
Now a grand gift,
Thanks to evolution,
A complete revolution.

The substrate being well lit,
The cells no longer fit,
One last tragic split:
"I quit!"

-the Lost Poet
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:00 am

I agree. It's not like the cell is terrible but I really struggle to find any uses for cilliocytes as they are right now. Having them crawl in dry environments would be a pretty good alternative for the crawlers and flagellocytes.
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:47 am

humon wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:34 pm
Alast wrote:This idea actually has been discussed. And while I personally like it the decision was not to have the Ciliocyte replace the Myocyte as crawling engine.
It would be interesting if it allowed an organism to use it as a gyroscope to change directions
I agree with humon, i think ciliocyte should be buffed so they have an option to grind against its own cells or not, grind against other organism cells or not, or grind against food/cells. So it can become a gyrocsope by grinding its own cells

The reason for ciliocyte limited uses is that they dont grind against cells in its genome, and they are really dangerous to other organism, with a really high chance of killing it and also break adhesion connections. I think an option to turn on and off either cells/food will make more cells versatile
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Post by Seandoggy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:20 pm

I thought that I already wrote this, but seems like I didn't. Gyroscopes are not able to rotate anything by itself. On the contrary, it is supposed to keep things in the same orientation.
Seandoggy has <3 Cell Lab for 2 years, now (o)
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Seandoggy wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:20 pm
I thought that I already wrote this, but seems like I didn't. Gyroscopes are not able to rotate anything by itself. On the contrary, it is supposed to keep things in the same orientation.
So I guess the word that should be used is "reaction wheel" like the ones in spacecraft.
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:54 pm

I hope we can use ciliocytes to make omnidirectional crawlers
start small DREAM BIG
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:02 pm

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Crawling with Ciliocytes as been discussed early on and was discarded. Ultimately I have to agree with that decision. It would simply replace Myocytes in that respect.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!