Variable Conditions

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Tarux

Variable Conditions

Post by Tarux » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:40 am

Just a little thought I had.

What if the substrate controls were not fixed values for what the substrate is, but averages for the substrate as a whole.

For example, if you set avg salinity to 2, some areas of the substrate would have a value of 1.87, while others would have a value of 2.35.

I just wonder how it would affect evolution and organism function.
Ahh, the fresh smell of celluar mitosis (or nuclear fission).
Emera

Re: Variable Conditions

Post by Emera » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:40 am

Ahh it would be so cool! xD
But I guess there should be 2 sliders at least.
One for the average and the other for the standard deviation.
POTATOCYTE
Infiknight

Post by Infiknight » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:33 pm

That would probably get more different results from evolution. I'm for it.
Oh my god what did I do
ElNico5

Post by ElNico5 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:58 pm

Tjis could "fix" the nonrandom behavior of the game in terms of cell momentum and other stuff
Writing from a small house in Agmalarkiia
L4Vo5

Post by L4Vo5 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Sounds like it'd be really heavy on the phones, unless it was a really simple gradient.
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:16 pm

I've been thinking along these lines as well. Any future (not the currently tested update) version would probably have something like this.
Tarux

Post by Tarux » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:09 am

@Peter Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing it! :)
Ahh, the fresh smell of celluar mitosis (or nuclear fission).
Aryan

Variable Conditions using cells

Post by Aryan » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:19 am

I have an idea which can make random variable conditions possible.

We should be using cells to change the substrate conditions because it’s cell lab. So, for that we can add some cells which will be capable of changing the substrate conditions with their influence limited to a limited region. Cells can make the substrate random.

But we won’t like those environmental cells to interfere with our cells. To deal with this problem we can add a feature of using another petri dish (which will be called environmental petri dish) which will be kept parallel to the main petri dish to insert those cells. The cells kept on the environmental petri dish will be able to change the substrate conditions on the main petri dish but won’t collide, devour or infect the cells on it.

It can be troublesome to provide nutrition to the cells on the environmental petri dish so we can add a new substrate setting ‘unlimited food allowed’ to the game which when ‘on’ will provide never ending nutrition to the cells which will have a new genome setting 'unlimited food' ‘on’.

We will have to add many cells types for this, like luminocytes(cells producing light), gravitocytes(cells with gravity), frictocytes(cells capable of changing friction and viscocity),radiatocytes (cells with radiation), etc. But instead of adding sooo many cell types we can add a single cell type environmentocyte(cell capable of changing all the environmental settings).

But giving soooo much power to one cell can be very much dangerous :evil: , so the more substrate settings these cells will change the more energy they will use. So this can stop users from making a single super dangerous cell :twisted: as if they will make one it will use a lot of energy but users will be still able make one if the substrate setting ‘unlimited food allowed’ is on 8-) .

And also there will a check box after each substrate setting which will define that will environmentocytes be able to change that setting.

Adding all these things can introduce a lot of possibilities in the game like random variable conditions, challenges in which the user should be inserting environmental cells in the environmental petri dish to make the main cells fulfill some criteria in order to complete the challenge, and many new kinds of organisms.

And please tell me if you liked this idea. :D
ElNico5

Post by ElNico5 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:44 pm

I like the part of chousing the place of effect and that the place can move around but maybe emvirocytes is not the best solution
Writing from a small house in Agmalarkiia
Aryan

Post by Aryan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:32 pm

ElNico5 wrote:I like the part of chousing the place of effect and that the place can move around but maybe emvirocytes is not the best solution
Yes it may not be the best solution but this will make the game more about cells. This will give cells the right to change the their own environment. This may not be the best solution but it can do much more that providing the solution to this problem, as we all know cells can be smart but the environment can't be. This will not only help us to make environment random but also smart. Yes, smart environment can also be made by this idea using sensocytes, neurocytes and other cells with environmentocytes. A smart environment can automatically adapt itself to the environment (sounds strange) like automatically increasing the food count when cell count is low, eliminating a particular type of cell by changing the environment, etc. And they can also be the best idea because they are cells so we can program them in many ways to make them the best or use evolution if any problem ;) because its cell lab. Yes, not only cells but also their environment will evolve itself in this way to be the best. And don't forget about the parallel petri dish it can make 3D possible to some extent in cell lab. :P It may not be a solution but take it as a challenge to make a good environment using cells so can make the game more challenging.