Super smart?

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
AaAShmo

Super smart?

Post by AaAShmo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:57 pm

(Sorry for making so many posts Alast I’ve been playing this game for years and have too many thoughts!) I’m really tired of having “smart” cells only chase one or two colors. Is it possible to make a new cell that detects any cell, or a certain type of cell? Thx!
0===]==========> AaAShmo <==========[===0
Alast

Re: Super smart?

Post by Alast » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:27 pm

No worries ;)

Types has been suggested. Not sure whether we can convince Petter to introduce that option. All cells works if you set the color treshold to greater than 1.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
AaAShmo

Post by AaAShmo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Really? OMG thx that’s super helpful (now I understand how color threshold works...)
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:58 am

I didnt really get the idea, so basicly a stereocyte with multiple channels? Sounds pretty good but we got 40 modes right now so using multiple stereocytes wouldnt really be a problem dont you think? ;) .

Ps. Alast is really active :v even before i joined the forums and after i left in hiatus
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Emera

Post by Emera » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:27 pm

But I wonder that if you have the color treshold 1, wouldn't that mean it'll detect its own color too..?(on multi cellular organism)
POTATOCYTE
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:52 pm

Yes, but as long as it's perfectly centered a Stereocyte will get equal stimulus from its own cells left and right, so only other cells will shift the stimulus. With Senseocytes you can still adjust the sensitivity of the reaction. Like the mine in Avoidance. Of course the Senseocyte senses its own cells. But they don't cause enough stimulus for the Stemocyte to go off.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
AaAShmo

Post by AaAShmo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:50 pm

You remember the poisoned arm omnivore? (Don't remember who made it tho it was probably Alast) Turn it black and set prey color to white and set the threshold a bit under 1 it helps it not eat its own kind!