Suggestions(Signal/Substances)

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Emera

Suggestions(Signal/Substances)

Post by Emera » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:49 pm

While I'm playing celllab, I tend to mess around with many different things.
And sometimes I try to make some stuffs(not an individual thing that can be called as organism) that involves signaling in them.
Most of the time, I end up with something that I didn't meant or giving it up on making them because of the signaling.

Currently the signaling in celllab is done in all-connected-gradient, so it is quite hard to transfer the signal from point A to B in long distances with out messing up the whole signal system.
(I've tried to make somekind of signaling chain, but failed at it every time. Also tried to get some help too, but not that successful either.)
(Actually the Neurocyte right now is generally a substance based substance controller. And this kind of behavior is in most of the cells in our body for cell by cell communication and the survival for itself.)

So I got a conclusion that it would be nice if there was somekind of directional(or linear) signal transfering else than the all-directional transfering.
(such like the connection from front half will only give and back half to only recieve.)

Now with the substances.

This part might be something too complex that it might destroy the joy and beuty of simplicity and might have, create many problems in it, but I still wanted to share the idea itself.

When I was playing around with stuffs(again) with signal substances, lipase HCN and etc, I got an idea about having the concept of 'Custom Substances'.

The substances will have their own Substance editor like gene editor and substance bank like gene bank.

Players will be able to create their own substances just like new genes.

Secrocytes will be able to produce the custom substances

The subatances will look and physically act as like the nutrition pallet.

The S(substance) editor will have settings such like in below.

;
node:none/1~40 modes
substances will have this 'node' setting where each substance can be set to have which nodes on them.
Every cell will have 'receptor' setting (also 1~40 modes) so it will only react on the substances that partially/completely(can be set on one side) match the receptor modes.
(cells can have multiple or no receptors at once)
Substances can have multiple or no nodes at once.
As the amount of nodes increases for a substance, the amount of energy to produce it will increase.
(A substance with no nodes can be consumed by devorocyte)

;
Substance mass:0.1ng~1.0ng
This will determine the mass of the substance when it gets sercreted.
The higher the mass is, the slower it will degrade.
And as higher the mass is, the energy(mass) that takes to produce them depands on it.

;
Nutritional Ratio:0%~100%
Determines how much percentage of the substance's mass will be nutrition.
This stands as ratio meaning that it will depand on the substance's which is a dynamic value due to substance degration.

;
Antigen:true/false
Antigen.png
When this option is on, the substance will have impact on the virocyte and devorocyte with co-responding cell-mode.
(Substance's node:m1,m4 / m1 virocyte=effected, m5 virocyte=uneffected)
Virocyte will have an additional parameter as 'Neutralization' from 0% to 100%.
(displayed by color changing or virocyte's peaks getting removed or substances sticking on them)
As the neutralization rate increases, the less chance of having others cells get infected by it.(100% = no chance of infection.)
Same for the devorocyte, when the neutralization rate increases, the speed of devouring target cell will slow down.(100% = can't consume any cell)
The neutralization rate for virocyte and devorocyte will degrade over time as the substances degrade.
(the rate of degrading is faster on devorocyte neutralization)
When the substance is used for neutralization, any other effect from the substance will be canceled unless the node-receptor matches.

;
Gene Activation:none/1~40
GeneActivation.png
This will turn the target cell into the setted mode of it's own gene.
m1 target cell with m1receptor of A organism + substance with m1 recpetor,Gene Activation:m4 => m4 cell of A organism

;
Signal:+-S1~S4/none
Just works as the signal substance secretion from secrocyte.
The impact of signal substance concentration on the target cell will depand on the substance's mass and the target cell's mass.

;
Color:R,G,B 0~1
Determines the color of the subatance.
Default is the same with regular Nutrient.
It will effect on the stereocyte/senseocyte detection on 'Food'
(If the Substance Coating is there, it would go on 'Coated Food')

;
Substance Coating:0~1
Works like Nutrient Coating, coats the substance with lipid layer that needs to be removed by lipase before reacting.
The thicker the coat is, degrading rate will slow down.

;
Toxicity:0~100
Will cause cell injury.
How strong the injury would be will depand on the Toxicity and the mass of the substance, and the mass of the cell.

;
Density:-3~3
Will define the density of the substance and depanding on the substrate gravity,density and substance's mass substance
will physically move.

;

Thanks for reading upto here.

Edit #1:Removed some of the un-related contents, Added more explantation.
Last edited by Emera on Sun May 20, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
POTATOCYTE
Emera

Re: Suggestions(Signal/Substances)

Post by Emera » Sat May 19, 2018 3:23 pm

Content updated(still long way to go)
POTATOCYTE
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Post by Seandoggy » Thu May 24, 2018 12:14 am

Ah, help me, information overload, talking about signals you can make a "crossroads" for signals with lipocytes as they can't pass substances.
Seandoggy has <3 Cell Lab for 2 years, now (o)
Emera

Post by Emera » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:13 am

:pulling the topic back up:
POTATOCYTE
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:22 am

Why are you pulling this topic? Do you think it deserves more attention than the others?

It wasn't touched since over half a year by you (or anyone else), not even responding to Seandoggy.

You have shared your idea. If you don't have any new content to add, please leave it be.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
K-man

Post by K-man » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 pm

One of the few useful things I've seen here.
"Place the devourocytes here..."
-Cellbert Einstein
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:48 pm

I think this would make CL way too complicated. Nothing I would want to deal with.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!