Account Systems

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
H4yw1r3

Account Systems

Post by H4yw1r3 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:49 am

Cell Lab should have an account system, where you can login to Cell Lab with your account that could save an online data for your genomes and substrates. It will only be updated with the use of the local data (aka the data used when you play it offline). It's not a requirement to play Cell Lab but it will help me a lot since my siblings have been resetting the device I used with all of the precious, non-uploaded genomes.. ;-;

EDIT:
Maybe a pop-up will show whenever you log-in, asking permission to forcefully log-out your account in another device to let yourself log-in. This way, multiple account uses would be avoidable and cheating would be minimized..
You can summon me to help you modify genomes..
Wilcz

Re: Account Systems

Post by Wilcz » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:06 am

I agree. A simpler thing to do (I think) would be having a save file with all your progress and organisms saved on it. Then you could just upload it to your Dropbox/Google Drive/cloud/whatever and load it in whenever you switch/reset the device.
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Post by Seandoggy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:41 am

That would literally mean uploading all your progress the Dropbox, and potentially giving it to everyone.
Seandoggy has <3 Cell Lab for 2 years, now (o)
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Seandoggy wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:41 am
That would literally mean uploading all your progress the Dropbox, and potentially giving it to everyone.
True. But then you can also upload solutions to all challenges and that's pretty much the same thing except multiple files instead of one.