Insert genomes automatically

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Raven

Insert genomes automatically

Post by Raven » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:34 am

Lets say I want to promote the optimization of certain kind of organism. If I leave it in a substrate with radiation for a long time, it might do OK but will likely eventually give way to a different kind of species. It would be cool if instead of randomly adding randomized genomes, the game could allow you to load preset genomes. This would make sure that your creature did not die off.
(;>
CandyYAHFT

Re: Insert genomes automatically

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:59 am

I wanted to get a perfect Keratynocyte swimmer, but when the devoroucytes don't get any more food they die out, so you have to add them again manually, because if you don't, a mutation will son generate a simple swimmer, which will fill the substrate starving your Keratynocyte swimmer, if I could choose between to gene pool, one that works for new genes added through evolution, and other by cells added through the "add random cells button, I could choose then, Keratynocyte, flagellocytes, and phagocyte, for the first gene pool, and devoroucytes for the 2nd, this way evolution will aim to most specific objectives, I underestimated the power of evolution in this game, I get awesome genomes with evolution
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Kanohuf

Post by Kanohuf » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:11 pm

This is a pretty good idea. You should be able to make some cells immune to radiation. We just need commands or something like this.
0 θ 8 This is how it begins...
Raven

Post by Raven » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:55 am

Exactly! Radiation immunity would be awesome!
(;>
TygrCZ

Post by TygrCZ » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:33 pm

Yeah, when you wanna test out your thing against random enemies. :D
Hello, I am TygrCZ.
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:22 pm

Random Diving (a challenge of mine), was aiming to do that, but mmmm, it seems complicated
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY