Hybrid cell/Eukaryocyte

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Wilcz

Hybrid cell/Eukaryocyte

Post by Wilcz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:50 pm

AFAIK single-celled organisms combine a couple of functions while being a single cell. What would be nice is ability to combine 2 cells into one. Maybe to balance that out they should require more energy to stay alive. Call it eukaryocyte?

So for example: you combine a sensocyte and a stemocyte. Now that cell has the abilities of both. If it senses something it signals itself and turns into something else.

Now, I don't think all kinds of cells should be able to to be combined. I have a feeling combining secrocyte with something else might be a bit problematic. I'm also not sure how the game would handle a flagellocyte+myocyte combo (having that kind of cell would be pretty handy though).
Alast

Re: Hybrid cell/Eukaryocyte

Post by Alast » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:17 pm

This actually got suggested a few times in the past. And while I find the idea intruiging, it, unfortunately, contradicts the design approach of having specialized cell types each fulfilling exactly one function.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Alast wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:17 pm
This actually got suggested a few times in the past. And while I find the idea intruiging, it, unfortunately, contradicts the design approach of having specialized cell types each fulfilling exactly one function.
I see. I figured since the cells in the game have nucleus and some sort of organelles (that would make them eukaryotes) then maybe having hybrid cells wouldn't be too much of a stretch. I don't think it would make the game easier and the organisms could simply be more compact instead.
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Just to be clear, personally I'm not opposed to this idea :) Just wanted to let you know the result of previous discussions on this topic.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!