Make programmable cells easier to mutate.

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
H4yw1r3

Re: Make programmable cells easier to mutate.

Post by H4yw1r3 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:42 am

I infected his 'Alien' with a stronger and smarter breed of virus. Wiped out the species immediately. :mrgreen:
You can summon me to help you modify genomes..
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Seandoggy wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:53 am
Can we see your alien?
https://youtu.be/3UhcU9PgAhE
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:52 pm

H4yw1r3 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:42 am
I infected his 'Alien' with a stronger and smarter breed of virus. Wiped out the species immediately. :mrgreen:
I'd like to see that. But then I wouldn't be surprised. It happens a lot in the substrate. The point is the organism stays more or less the same (only changes its body plan from time to time) and recently got rid of gametes and reproduces only by infecting other cells and splitting the virus spore (it serves as an egg). The biggest advantage of the organism is that its species survives longer than other organisms in radiation mainly because of how it reproduces. It's not 'virusproof'. It simply hijacks other cells and reproduces a lot without changing much (compared to other organisms in the same substrate and experiencing the same radiation levels).

Also, it's not strictly 'mine'. I only provided the base for the organism and let the radiation and time do its thing. The point is it uses random modes and more than I used initially.
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:23 pm

Your organism uses few and scattered modes. I fully used almost all of the modes in my virus. Only modes 36 to 40 are safe from infection. Other modes? Well, I have already made my virus adapt to that. (Not one organism but one genome capable of infecting modes 1 to 35. It's impossible to only use 7 modes to infect every mode.)

About this topic, I've rarely seen smart organisms emerge from evolution. So far I've only got unto Oscillating Balloons and Accelerating Swimmers.
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:33 pm

H4yw1r3 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:23 pm
Your organism uses few and scattered modes. I fully used almost all of the modes in my virus. Only modes 36 to 40 are safe from infection. Other modes? Well, I have already made my virus adapt to that. (Not one organism but one genome capable of infecting modes 1 to 35. It's impossible to only use 7 modes to infect every mode.)
You just killed my organism and completely missed my point. Well done.
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:21 pm

No no. I get your point alright. Just explained how my virus worked and why it overpowered yours.

EDIT : Mistyped words removed.
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:47 pm

H4yw1r3 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:21 pm
No no. I get your point alright. Just explained how my virus worked and why it overpowered yours.

EDIT : Mistyped words removed.
Cool. But it's nothing hard to do as it happens in my substrate all the time just by random chance. Still feeling happy for you. That's still some sort of achievement, I guess.