Kinectocyte,new mode of nutrition

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Aryan

Kinectocyte,new mode of nutrition

Post by Aryan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:58 am

I think we must be having cells which can convert kinetic energy(movement force) to potential energy(cell mass) called kinectocytes (or suggest any other better name) ,because for now there is no way to convert motion to energy the one that are aren't actually converting motion to energy but using already stored energy.

Kinectocytes will have a setting that how much force will they convert into energy if this setting will be high then they will take more energy if less then less energy. The unit of that setting will be same as the unit of force in flagellocytes. As they will convert motion to energy they will make the things slow or even stop.

For example if a kinectocyte with max force setting collide with max force flagellocyte both will stop until they go away and kinectocytes will get a lot of energy but if that max force kinectocyte doesn't collide with anything it will drain energy even faster than a low force kinectocyte. Remember it will convert force not motion.

It can help us to make many interesting organisms and we will be able to do things we were never able to do.

I am not sure about making its force setting programmable because then anyone would attach a sensocyte sensing velocity to it and that high force high energy consumption idea will be of no use.

Please let me know what do you think about this. :D
Last edited by Aryan on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alast

Re: Kinectocyte,new mode of nutrition

Post by Alast » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:23 am

You want a cell that produces cell mass by colliding with other cells? How does that resemble any natural process?
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Aryan

Post by Aryan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:19 am

Alast wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:23 am
You want a cell that produces cell mass by colliding with other cells? How does that resemble any natural process?
I don't know if that happens in nature but that's a thing that we cannot do in cell lab. It can help in many things and allow us to make many new organisms. In many environments organisms aren't able to fully use energy much of the kinetic energy is uselessly wasted so this will help us to make more use of energy.

We will be able to make many new parasites, fission reactors, organism stablizers and other things yet to be discovered. So they can lead to much more energy efficiency and new organisms feeding on a completely different thing.
Aryan

Post by Aryan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:41 am

Oh yes it happens as, E=mc^2. :D
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:27 am

There are so many things we cannot do in Cell Lab. Like flying to Mars, but that's not reason enough to propose installing a solar system.

And regarding Einstein's equation. you know what it means for mass?

m = E /c²

The mass you could possibly gain would be negligible.
Aryan

Post by Aryan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:19 pm

Alast wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:27 am
There are so many things we cannot do in Cell Lab. Like flying to Mars, but that's not reason enough to propose installing a solar system.

And regarding Einstein's equation. you know what it means for mass?

m = E /c²

The mass you could possibly gain would be negligible.
A swimmer converts its body mass into motion so can't we do the opposite? And when I said E=mc^2 it was a joke :P . I know the mass would be negligible but cell lab is a game we can add what we like no need to go like nature.
And if simulating a travel to mars is impossible than the solution to that is not installing a solar system but adding the features to the game which will make it possible like cells with gravity, 3D environment etc. and all of these things I support and these won't only help us to go to mars but will also open many new possiblities. And yes most of the things which can be made possible should be made possible in the game and there aren't so many things needed to be added but a few fundamental things atleast compared to all those things. World has got many things but only 4 fundamental forces making all those things. I know there are computational and UI relates issues with those things but still there are many things which can be done and kinectocytes are one of those simple things which can be added and can open many possibilities. And even adding a single thing can open many possibilities.
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:52 pm

I understand what you mean, no worries :) I just don't see this one making sense, sorry.
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:56 am

Alast wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:52 pm
I understand what you mean, no worries :) I just don't see this one making sense, sorry.
Same. Living things aren't swiss watches. If biology could harness enough energy from motion we would all be walking pendulums.
Alast

Post by Alast » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:46 am

And would violate the laws of physics ;)
ShiN1GaM1

Post by ShiN1GaM1 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:38 pm

not such a terrible idea. After all, all the energy cells "create" in form of ATP is due to mechanic force, a molecule spins (either because of concentration gradient, or photons) and creates energy to conect ADP + P creating ATP (the energy currency in all living organisms).
But I don't see that mechanic playing a role in this game.
If you love it hard enough, eventually you'll be the best at it (o)