Secrocyte signalling

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Wilcz

Secrocyte signalling

Post by Wilcz » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:48 pm

I've noticed that secrocytes don't have the ability to receive signals from other cells which got me thinking because smells play a big role in biology and communication of animals and plants.

For example, secrocytes coupled with sensocytes could be used to attract mates of the same species, or to lure in prey or even signal other cells that danger is nearby (I'm pretty sure bwisialo made something like this except with stemocytes changing colours).

Maybe secrocyte could have 2 paths (like stemocytes) and based on the signal from senso/stereocytes could produce one of the two substances.
Last edited by Wilcz on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wilcz

Re: Secrocyte signalling

Post by Wilcz » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:52 pm

BTW, is there a way to sense cells affected by HCN? It would be nice if it was.
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:11 am

If I remember correctly, there is no such way to detect cells affected by HCN.

For the idea of having paths for Secrocytes, it would be like having a Stemocyte differentiate into one of the paths. I think that idea wouldn't be implemented but I like how it sounds like. Sadly, I couldn't think of any use for them.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:48 pm

If we had secrocytes that receive and secrete substances based on signals from other cells we could build very simple central neural systems. Basically make synapses that send signals to other parts of more complicated organisms with senses in the front and muscles and flagellocytes all over the body.
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:45 pm

You can send on information through a string of Neurocytes. See the challenge Nervous.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:56 pm

Alast wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:45 pm
You can send on information through a string of Neurocytes. See the challenge Nervous.
Oooh, I see. I remember completing it some time ago but never got around figuring out how the signal transmission works.