Increased numberr of modes?

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
SlowMind

Increased numberr of modes?

Post by SlowMind » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:24 pm

I think petter should increase the number of mode to 80?(I think it's too high) and im thinking about new feature but think it is impossible..
in this feature we can choose the size of petri dish(maybe? is that even possible?) so it can handle different number of organisms.
maybe the small petri dish is the normal size.
medium is double of its size,
and the large petri dish (I think some phones can't handle this, so maybe this can be turned on and off) Is triple the size of small.

just wondering if these can be added...
I don't know where to start :(
WhatTheSillyName

Re: Increased numberr of modes?

Post by WhatTheSillyName » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:50 pm

I will be glad to see more modes. At the same time, the mode buttons should be slightly bigger so it is easier to handle.
For the size of Petri dish, you can long press the button to change its size, isn't what you mean (@_@)
Ya~
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Have you exhausted the number of modes already? I haven't needed 40 yet. More modes is a matter of memory and therefore performance which makes it a sensitive piece.

The size of the petri dish was always modifiable. Simply hold the New Substrate button pressed until the advanced menu shows up.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:21 pm

I don't think I've ever used more than 20 tbh.
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:24 pm

Hahaha, i think we started out with 10 modes, after requests increased to 20, more requests increased to 40, .. it will never end :P I think 40 is already pushing it, what are you trying to make? Even the human body just has a couple hundred different types of cells https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d ... human_body
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:39 am

I didn't know about changeable size of petri dish :D
Aryan

Re: Increased number of modes?

Post by Aryan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:51 pm

I think I have a solution to this problem. It is not to add more modes but to add a new feature, transmittocyte viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5874. We can add transmittocytes which will be able to transmit cell genomes to other transmittocyte. If there will be a stemocyte, with genome changing mode, connected to the receiving transmittocyte, it will transform into the mode in which the sender transmittocyte wants it to transform.

The sender transmittocyte will contain the extra modes and the receiver transmittocyte will be attached to a stemocyte and the main organism. We will have to insert the extra genome containing transmittocyte somewhere in the Petri dish so that it will send the genome signals to the transmittocyte attached with the organism and transform the stemocyte into the extra parts needed. Such organisms will be able to easily reproduce, a thing which most more than 40 mode organisms (made using connecting glueocyte to the organism) lack. The genome signal won't travel through more than one adhesin connection.

In this way we can make organisms which can not be made with 40 modes. Transmittocytes won't only help us to solve this problem but also help to do many things :) . I have a few more ideas with transmittocytes so I will be posting them soon.
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:06 am

Aryan wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:51 pm
I think I have a solution to this problem. It is not to add more modes but to add a new feature, transmittocyte viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5874. We can add transmittocytes which will be able to transmit cell genomes to other transmittocyte. If there will be a stemocyte, with genome changing mode, connected to the receiving transmittocyte, it will transform into the mode in which the sender transmittocyte wants it to transform.

The sender transmittocyte will contain the extra modes and the receiver transmittocyte will be attached to a stemocyte and the main organism. We will have to insert the extra genome containing transmittocyte somewhere in the Petri dish so that it will send the genome signals to the transmittocyte attached with the organism and transform the stemocyte into the extra parts needed. Such organisms will be able to easily reproduce, a thing which most more than 40 mode organisms (made using connecting glueocyte to the organism) lack. The genome signal won't travel through more than one adhesin connection.

In this way we can make organisms which can not be made with 40 modes. Transmittocytes won't only help us to solve this problem but also help to do many things :) . I have a few more ideas with transmittocytes so I will be posting them soon.

like ironman suit? when the transmitocyte sends a signal other cells with transmitocytes they will attach themselves?
Aryan

Post by Aryan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:54 am

Transmittocytes will connect themselves with other transmittocytes with the same signal level (see the topic viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5874) just like cells connected with adhesin connection but the only difference will be they won't be needing being close to each other. Two connected transmittocytes will share nutrients, signals and other substances just as two cells do while connected with adhesin connection. Yes they will attach themselves but without coming close to each other, just like two phone connect themselves using internet. Transmittocytes, even on the edge of the plate will be able to connect to each other.