conditions to multicellular organisms

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
ShiN1GaM1

conditions to multicellular organisms

Post by ShiN1GaM1 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:12 am

So, has the name suggests I am hereby sayin what I think is the best way to let organisms form multicellular collonies:

On Earth the first multicellular organisms were collonies that filtered water, absorving nutrients. That's how it came to be. I don't know how, but I imagine it was because: "if food comes to me why would I go out and be vulnerable to predators when I can stay here eating whaterver comes"

And so my suggestion is:
There could be a button like the "mobile food" that generates food on one side of the petry dish and some kind of "wind" blows it to the other side, making it easier for sessile organisms to show up, and grow in size (o) (o) (o) to "intimidate" enemies, or to eat more food.

Basicly the "food wind" (this is how I called it ahah :lol: :lol: ) together witht he "mobile food" would generate the right conditions for sessile organisms apear and evolve.
I'd love to see what happens.

I think this idea is kinda easy to implement since the food is already an object, adding a force (wind) to it wouldn't be such a difficult task (programmingly speaking).
If you love it hard enough, eventually you'll be the best at it (o)
Alast

Re: conditions to multicellular organisms

Post by Alast » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:01 am

I would rather give nutrients the attribute Density and set it fix to 1. Then gravity would affect mobile food basically they you're suggesting.

Could be interesting.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:02 pm

Having gravity and density affect food could be pretty interesting.
ShiN1GaM1

Post by ShiN1GaM1 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:42 pm

That's a good idea!! My wind idea only differs cuz it benefits "taller" organisms so the multicellular would be greatly selected in my opinion.
If you love it hard enough, eventually you'll be the best at it (o)