[Suggestion] Mutations View

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Nayus

[Suggestion] Mutations View

Post by Nayus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:11 pm

I think it would be cool and useful if we could actually see on a global scale how mutated a cell is.

The Tool of Diagnosis tells us how many mutations each cell has but it would be nice if we could notice that at a glance. It could make easier to notice how mutated a cell is when we're developing organisms with evolution.

The actual function would be hard to do. Like for example if it was like a glow or overlayed green shine how do you determine how much intensity that color would be?

maybe a log function? The upper limit could gradually change as the max number of mutations grows.
WhatTheSillyName

Re: [Suggestion] Mutations View

Post by WhatTheSillyName » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:59 am

Ya, it will be nice to see on a global scale of the cells' details, not only mutation.
Btw, it has been so long since I saw you last time.
Ya~
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:57 pm

Yes, I'm trying to come back, I missed CL.
I was having trouble and was incrediblely busy
Wilcz

Post by Wilcz » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:22 pm

I'm not sure I would find such feature useful tbh. If an organism mutates enough and keeps being alive then what's the point of checking how many mutations it has gone through? If you like the creature then just load it into the editor and save for later use.
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:36 am

Wilcz wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:22 pm
If an organism mutates enough and keeps being alive then what's the point of checking how many mutations it has gone through?
I thought of it more as a comparison tool. It is for when you're doing a long experiment with very low radiation, there will be a point where you might have a, let's say for example, 500 population where 150 to 200 have a very low amount of mutations, 200 to 300 have a moderate amount of mutations and the rest having a lot. And at a first glance you don't know exacty which one is which. If you are picking up samples and you pick one with very low mutations, then you more or less wasted all the time of the radiation.

But now that I think of it, it doesn't really sound completely great because just because something has more mutations doesn't mean it's better than the previous version.
EliteMacro_37

Post by EliteMacro_37 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:56 am

And how about selective mutations where certain cell types or selected cells will be dosed with radiation to mutates?
The most annoying user 2018, feel free to ignore