New cell ideas along with other ideas

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Glueocytic myocyte

New cell ideas along with other ideas

Post by Glueocytic myocyte » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:16 am

I have a few cell ideas for cell lab that would make the game more realistic and more interesting!
New cells:
1: chromatophores. Color changing cells that can elude predators or blend in. A real cell, like a few other cells on this list.
2: fluorescent chromatophores. Like the last cell, they change color. Unlike other cells, they also glow, generating a fading light (based on how long they were exposed to the sun) to power photocytes
3: chondrocytes. A cartilage cell that is flexible yet strong.
4: cnitocytes. A stinging cell. Works only with stereocytes, neurocytes, and senseocytes. More in cell settings
5: fatty lipocytes. Energy is only added if the attached cells are higher than 50% split mass and the energy is only consumed when attached cells Are below 50% split mass.
6: Oxycyte. Acts like a nitrocyte, but vital for wet substrates.
New cell settings:
1: the ability to make rod, square, rectangular, triangular, ect. shaped cells, based off of real life cells. Classify as point mutations.
2: the ability to make lipocytes "coated", making them partially immune to devorocytes, glueocytes, and other cells but extra weak to lipase.
3: make cnitocytes have these settings for the sting: 3.1: stunning sting. Temporarily stuns flagellocytes, myocytes, and sensory and neurological cells
3.2: poison sting. Stinger injects HCN into target cell and cells connected to target cell.
3.3: nutrient transfer. Can only level out nutrient total between two organisms, not drain or boost them.
3.4: life of stinger. Can choose between 3 cell hours to 50, or somewhere in between.
3.5. no. Of stings before cnitocyte dies. Goes up to 5. Naturally, this prevents the cell from splitting, so it replaces split mass and life of stinger replaces split angle.
4: if a lipocytes dies from impact or something other than poison or drainage, it releases an equal amount of food it has stored.
5: if a cell dies from poison, the food it leaves is also poisoned, adding 5% to cellular toxic level.
6: if a cell dies from impact, depending on friction settings, the food goes a distance from impact. This is a substrate setting so it is optional.
7: using fluorescent cromatophores could allow "dark" substrates, or substrates that are dark enough to visually lose cells or cause photocytes to die instantly. Substrate Lighting would work but have a much more limited range.
8: add "wet" substrates. If a secreocyte set to secrete air is not present or a Oxycyte isn't attached to the organism, the cell will lose 5% every cell hour, plus cells will lose 50% of their current level when they split. If oxygen is lower than 20%, cells will stop splitting. It oxygen hits 0%, the cell dies.
If anyone else has any more good ideas, go ahead and post it under this subject !
Last edited by Glueocytic myocyte on Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner of the fictional greyscale corps.. Any good cells I make goes under greyscale corps.. any good forum cells I find go under greyscale selects.
K-man

Re: New cell ideas along with other ideas

Post by K-man » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:28 pm

Chromataphores, flourecent chromataphores, and cnitocytes have all been suggested already.
"Place the devourocytes here..."
-Cellbert Einstein
Glueocytic myocyte

Post by Glueocytic myocyte » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Ok. I knew cnitocyte was already, (I was attempting to put my two cents in on that for my ideas) but I didn't know chromatophores and fluorescent cromatophores were. How about the other ideas I listed?
Owner of the fictional greyscale corps.. Any good cells I make goes under greyscale corps.. any good forum cells I find go under greyscale selects.
K-man

Post by K-man » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:45 pm

I support cell settings no. 1, cell 2, cell 4, cell settings 5, and cell settings 4. Cell settings 2 and and settings 7 are already added. I see no point in cell 3.
-Cellbert Einstein
Glueocytic myocyte

Post by Glueocytic myocyte » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:12 pm

I guess chondrocytes would be redundant as keratinocytes are the same thing. I didn't know you could coat lipocytes ( I guess with a keratinocyte) and dark substrates ( I guess a substrate with very low salt and low light is basically the same thing) were already implemented. Thanks for letting me know!
K-man

Post by K-man » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:28 pm

No, lipocytes are by default very slightly more immune to devourocytes.
-Cellbert Einstein
Glueocytic myocyte

Post by Glueocytic myocyte » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:24 am

Oh... What I was talking about was to coat them so glueocytes couldn't eat the food as well or at all unless a secreocyte set to secrete lipase is attached to the glueocyte. That said, a secreocyte set to secrete lipase would be required to be in the organism that has the lipocyte for other cells to get energy from said lipocyte.
Glueocytic myocyte

Post by Glueocytic myocyte » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:54 am

Petter, if you read this, what do you think about my idea?
Grimmrog

Post by Grimmrog » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:00 am

A pigmocyte, that can change color depending on various input states, could be fun. Like attracting someone to mate or such stuff.
Last edited by Grimmrog on Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-man

Post by K-man » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:27 pm

Such have been suggested already as well, but I like the idea.
-Cellbert Einstein