GeneBox - CellLab-alike game under construction.

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Ashkarik

GeneBox - CellLab-alike game under construction.

Post by Ashkarik » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:25 am

Hi everyone,
we are a small group of two people and we develop a game which is in some aspects similar to CellLab. In our game player also have to construct genomes and make his artificial organisms to survive. We are a bit more determined with real biological mechanics, so the unit of genome editing is gene, and not the phenotypic property. Surely this makes the individual cells more complex, so currently we have only unicellular organisms (we think on multicellularity opportunities only as a distant project), but with the behavior more advanced than that of single-cellular organisms in CellLab. Also we have a nice signal transduction simulations, and our microbes can e.g. sense light, hunger, other microbes, and this can affect their behavior.
Currently we produced a second alpha version and are collecting the feedback from players. Clarity issues, complexity of levels etc.
It would be really great if you guys could look it through and make some comments and suggestions from your prospective. I am sure both project would benefit from collaboration.
Thank you in advance,
With kind regards,
Peter (only one t :)

Links for download:
apk: http://bit.ly/1QcSQni
win32: http://bit.ly/1n2mtMj
win64: http://bit.ly/1Zr0afE
jar: http://bit.ly/1P5FeLH

Game forum:
http://genebox.forumatic.com/index.php
Last edited by Ashkarik on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
TygrCZ

Re: GeneBox - CellLab-alike game under construction.

Post by TygrCZ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:31 am

Looks good, I think I'll look at it.
(Now to know who is Petter and Peter ;) )
Hello, I am TygrCZ.
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:10 am

dunno if Petter is okay with people advertising games that are somewhat competence :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

wathever, I'm kinda busy with a betatest for Petter, so I'll probably take a look to that game if I have a chance
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Ashkarik

Post by Ashkarik » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:43 am

CandyYAHFT wrote:dunno if Petter is okay with people advertising games that are somewhat competence :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
It is not like commercial companies, right. We are more about an educational mission. And it seems to me that CellLab is also not about money. I do not consider CellLab as a competitor, more like a companion telling about the same thing from a bit different angle. However if Petter have a different point, I'll surely remove this topic as soon as I get from him.
Thank you for your reply, hope to hear your feedback soon, guys.
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:33 pm

oh sorry I was just being sarcastic :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know Petter is some kinda philanthropist however, I still don't know what he thinks about this, because the forum is for cell lab, consider the core of this forum is just 5 users, and even if there's like 250 members, only about 10 are active, however I still consider Cell lab as a great game, and a very international comunnity, this is so true there are constant suggestions to add new languages to the game (there are 2 forums but the other one is just for betatesters)

what I mean is that if you're going serious with the game having your own forum will be better for you, I think is free
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:37 pm

I was trying to tell everything in a sweet mood, but I don't like to use a lot of emojis, so you may thing I was trying you to get out, but you know I don't mean that, really I'm sweet
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Ashkarik

Post by Ashkarik » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:58 am

Surely we made a forum already :) But I think it is a right place to find people who can provide a valuable feedback.
http://genebox.forumatic.com/index.php
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:09 pm

actually betatest is pretty frustrating, sometimes you find fatal bugs, then you gotta wait, because if the beta (or alpha) is to unstable, you gotta wait till is fixed, to keep betatesting,
BTW Petter, I stopped betatesting because my phone couldn't handle it, however I hope getting a new phone soon ;)
if the alpha version of "GeneBox" is already enjoyable to play, playable or wathever you call it I'll be happy to give it a try ;)
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Ashkarik

Post by Ashkarik » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:09 pm

The links to download the thing are provided in the top post.
We are distributing it freely.
Thanks.
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:02 am

Seems like a cool game! If I understand correctly it's more about designing the gene regulatory network of a single cell instead of creating multicellular organisms? probably closer to reality than cl :P. Will you also make some evolution mode like in cl? Have you tried the cell lab beta version? There there is also a regulatory network in each cell to control some of its properties, though not with as many features as yours yet.

Good luck with your further development!