Make an organism radiation-resistant?

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
lare290

Make an organism radiation-resistant?

Post by lare290 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:52 pm

Would it be possible to make an organism radiation resistant/self fixing? I'm thinking that it would be possible if the organism used smartly placed virocytes to change back mutated cells, but what are you guys thinking?
Knowledge is not a game.
-one really interesting dream
Alast

Re: Make an organism radiation-resistant?

Post by Alast » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:17 pm

The best way to make a genome resistant to mutation is to optimize it to its environment. Then mutations will most likely not survive against the original genome.

Virocytes might mutate as well, so they won't give real protection. Also they are complicated to use.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
lare290

Post by lare290 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:15 pm

I meant it more like to shield against too much radiation that would cause perfectly good organisms to die.
Knowledge is not a game.
-one really interesting dream
Raven

Post by Raven » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:43 pm

In the new update they will add point only mutations, allowing for species optimization without changing the creatures basic structure and style of survival.
(;>
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:10 pm

that would make it easy to make organisms reach higher tops, to change all the settings except angles and cell types, I still not sure how this will work but sounds cool
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY