How Neurocytes, Stereocytes, Senseocytes, Stemocytes work

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Dan

Re: How Neurocytes, Stereocytes, Senseocytes, Stemocytes work

Post by Dan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:10 pm

I mean, the neurocyte settings. I cannot understand the output channel and the oscillating preset, and how the oscillating preset involve to the signal translation.
I want to learn how to translate signals because I think this is my next step on learning the neurocyte. :D
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Can I see your cell's COLOR,
And copy its HUE?
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:41 pm

Dan, I'm sorry for the wall of text but I hope this answers you questions:

Oscillator Preset:
The oscillating preset is, and I don't mean this in a patronizing way, a preset. A mistake I did initially was to think that the preset was a different feature of the Neurocyte but in reality all it does is make the outputs, functions and settings of the Neurocity certain calculated values to produce a oscillation of outputs. But once you put the oscillation, the channel outputs and other stuff will be in a certain way and the mechanism is delicate; so the most easy policy is don't touch anything in the channel outputs of that if you plan to have the oscillation working.

The oscillation always is between two types of signals, you mentioned that you want to know how the preset manages the signals meaning how it produces oscillation (that what I understood of you question) and honesly I never went and look try to figure that out. This is one of those things where you won't need the why it works as long as you know how to use it. Petter (at least I think it was him) already figure it out for us ;)

If the preset isn't producing the intented results, more often than you'd think the guilty past is the "Number of adhesin connections" option. Always remember to put that correctly for it will change the ouput values to match the signal diffusion that happens when more cells are present.

An explanation of each option in the preset can be found in the Neurocyte Wiki Page so if you don't get the Channel Oscillation or Period options, there are some general explanations. If you need specifics, please ask more :)

Channel Settings:

If you're going to use straight channel settings then there's no much secret to it. Output Channel choses which signal will be, S1 S2 S3 or S4. This means that if the Neurocyte is producing S2 and a Flagellocyte connected to it uses a Channel Dependence of S3, it won't be affected by the neurocyte.
The Output slider sets a fixed value of output. This is used very rarely.

And of course, the hard part:
Signal Dependence:

There's another Wiki Article dedicated to this, so maybe that will help. If the explanation there is confusing at some point please say it so I can answer you and then go to the wiki and fix it so the next person doesn't get confused. For now I'll stick to the examples you asked; translate signals.

By translate signals I understand two things. Either make a signal stronger (because the origin is far) or to fuse diferent signals (actually, translate means change SX to SY but when you fuse you do that twice to the explanation covers both). I'm going to assume that you talk about fuse signals, if not then ask again :? :lol:

Fuse Signals is quite straightforward. I'm going with the example to fuse S2 and S3 into S4. In the first channel put S4 as output. Touch the [...] (signal substance signal button) in the first channel and touch "Use Signal Substance". In Input put S2, then put the a between 2 and maybe 10. That alone is using a Neurocyte to convert S3 to S4.

Same thing in the second channel but instead of using S2 as input, put S3.
That's it. Now the S2 and S3 that enters the Neurocyte comes out as S4.
Dan

Post by Dan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:01 am

I think I got it a little. Maybe a little more analyzing in your reply :lol: .
I had a test a few hours ago. I tried to create an accelerating organism when it is nearer to a food. Well, I know that this organism is not that effective because it might get a death spin during the accelaration to food, but this is the easiest way for me to learn the neurocyte.
Thanks for your help Alast and Nayus. I think Neurocyte is now nearer to me to understand. :)
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Can I see your cell's COLOR,
And copy its HUE?
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Post by Seandoggy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:42 pm

"Nuerocytes" that should be my signature
Seandoggy has <3 Cell Lab for 2 years, now (o)
WereForumie2930

Thanks!

Post by WereForumie2930 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:53 pm

This is a pretty useful topic for me, since I am quite interested in making smart cellular organisms
I'm always moving, like a Flagellocyte, or always eating, like a Phagocyte.. Life is like being a cell, except.. we aren't microscopic!
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:45 pm

Neurocyte simulator and Oscillation Visualizer link is not working :( I hope it will be fixed and add more tutorial in programming cells...
Discovering new things...
Alast

Post by Alast » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:19 pm

That post is pretty old by now and the creator, unfortunately, not active here anymore.

But maybe someone else would like to build something new? :-)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:28 am

I hope so
Discovering new things...
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:51 am

Never had any experience on real progamming though :( . The only programs i wrote are .bat files that i wrote on notepad to call certain applications and thats about it (also cell programming hehe).

Im currently trying to translate Cell Lab to my language though ;)
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry: