Running Cell Lab on a Windows 10 Laptop

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Pds314

Running Cell Lab on a Windows 10 Laptop

Post by Pds314 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:32 am

I have downloaded a free Android emulator, fussed with it for about an hour and finally got it to work.

This means that I can now run cell lab on my laptop with little issue. I can even do pinch-zoom gestures with my touchpad!

I will DEFINITELY be doing a lot of this. It's just so much better for running days-long experiments than a phone. Bonus if I decide to upload videos to YouTube because they don't have to be in vertical video taken on a cellphone, but can instead be taken with normal windows-compatible video software in landscape mode.
William

Re: Running Cell Lab on a Windows 10 Laptop

Post by William » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:45 am

I did the same thing myself, but after I got everything setup and open up cell labs the adhesion stiffness parameter was missing, did you run into the same problem?
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 pm

Adhesin Stiffness parameter is not open immediately for beginners. I think you need to finish a certain challenge to unlock this parameter.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Alast

Post by Alast » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Yeah, this is always confusing for players of older versions coming back. Since at the beginning many settings are rather confusing than helping because you don't need them in the first challenges. That's why Petter has disabled them in the last update until you've advanced some through the challenges making the start easier for new players.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!