Unofficial Forum Chat

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Wilcz

Re: Unofficial Forum Chat

Post by Wilcz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:36 pm

Ummm... Why did I just get a notification for this thread?

Anyway, about the brain thing: it depends on what you want to do. If you want to have an organism that either constantly sends a signal or oscillates use a neurocyte. If you want a left-right differentiation use a stereocyte (good for organisms that search for food and predators). If you want to float up because the walls kill you use a sensocyte. Of course there are many more things you can do.

So, about about signal input/output (you set all this in the signal's target cell, be it a buoycyte, stemocyte or anything that does something when zapped with the signal): IIRC it's the AxSIGNAL+B. 'A' multiplies your signal (if the sensocyte smells something its output signal get's multiplied by 'A'). 'SIGNAL' is whatever you set the signal value of the senso/stereo/neurocyte. 'B' is what happens when there's no signal. So if you set everything but 'B' to zero then it's just a regular dumb swimmer.

Sounds hard but it's not. You just have to play around with it. And remember to have the "brain" connected directly to the cell that receives the signal. It won't work unless you do some funky wireless signalling.
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:59 am

Anybody tried doing molecular models of elements in Cell Lab? I'm giving this idea out to anybody. So far, an 8-celled ring of Photocytes with Gamete's beside the Photocyte's adhesin's combined together could hold upon each other with a weak force. The Gametes don't mix, unless too much force is applied.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
K-man

Post by K-man » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:11 pm

You know, I was thinking of doing that same thing.
"Place the devourocytes here..."
-Cellbert Einstein
ErrorDAR32

Post by ErrorDAR32 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:16 am

I was watching the first posts of the Chat, and I started to feel a bit nostalgic.
even if I did not publish anything, I watched the forum from the shadows, and seeing how bwisialo and other good players have left the game makes me feel a little more nostalgic.
Maybe the forum that is a little dead right now, but new people always arrive and publish new things, maintaining that innovative spirit.
it's been two years since I entered the forum, and I've seen how it has changed, and I can assure you that this is one of the best communities there are, even if it's small. I hope CL continues like this for many more years!
*Bugs arreglados.
*Añadidos más Bugs para arreglarlos más tarde.

Yo: Nooooooo, le añadieron bichosss!!!!!!!!!
WhatTheSillyName

Post by WhatTheSillyName » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:03 am

ErrorDAR32 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:16 am
I was watching the first posts of the Chat, and I started to feel a bit nostalgic.
even if I did not publish anything, I watched the forum from the shadows, and seeing how bwisialo and other good players have left the game makes me feel a little more nostalgic.
Maybe the forum that is a little dead right now, but new people always arrive and publish new things, maintaining that innovative spirit.
it's been two years since I entered the forum, and I've seen how it has changed, and I can assure you that this is one of the best communities there are, even if it's small. I hope CL continues like this for many more years!
Ya, I have the same feeling too...
Ya~
121daredevil

Post by 121daredevil » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:18 am

WhatTheSillyName wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:03 am
ErrorDAR32 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:16 am
Ya, I have the same feeling too...
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tooooooooooooo.
Also i will give you a month.
For every failure has made. Try and try again and Success will be achieved
EliteMacro_37

Post by EliteMacro_37 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Hello guys I'm new here! Good to see you all!
I'll be online for mostly Weekend and Friday only (Phone Usage Schedule Regulations by my Family) :D
Can't swim?, Now only $999, you can afford and use Flagellocyte !
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:45 am

Hey guys, I'm currebtly in need of some help right now, related with optional challenges.

The challenge ( Keep The Balance ) really got me stumped to make a semi-efficient organism. My idea is supposed to be a GluoKeratino Worm (Body of Keratinocytes with a Gluocyte head). I still don't have an idea for it's reproduction. Using Gluocytes as eggs could result to a few number of space cavities, which could lead to Photocytes growing in them. If anyone is willing to lend me a hand big thanks to you for the help.
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:35 am

Do you mean a long work growing in segments? You can PM me if you want to discuss in more detail.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:40 am

PM sent!