Unofficial Forum Chat

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
WhatTheSillyName

Re: Unofficial Forum Chat

Post by WhatTheSillyName » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Actually, there are several more prototype in my list.
Because I am so lonely and bored in my house. Let me share about my ideas and prototypes. (T_T)
(1) "Real" Cell which contains the StemPrinter as its reproduction organ.
(2) Uterus is an organ which can breed the massive organism.
(3) Octopus Tentacle is an organ which has the ability to take the food or cell into digestive organ.
(4) Stomach is also an organ which can simply get the nutrient from the Tentacle.
(5) Cell Organs are some organs which simply inject into an empty cell(or my empty heart) and live inside there until the start of next reproduction period.
(6) The Queen is a really huge organism which will contains some organs that I had mentioned. Such as Tentacle, Uterus.... However, I am still designing several different kinds of templates. Because of the limited detection range of Stereotype, I am thinking some solutions(Like 3 types of drones, two Tentacles to collect the drones and send nutrient to the Uterus through C-Tube , etc......)
Ya~
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:09 pm

That's a massive plan you got there. I used to have an organism with 'cell organs' that fits your description. It's sadly gone from my bank now.

It was enclosed in a cell with a long, flagellum tail for movement. I never gave it a brain since it'll be wobble for frequent turns but I did gave it an avoiding system to avoid walls. It's organs are the nucleus, mitochondrion, golgi apparatus, and a regeneration organ since I don't want my susbtrate to be filled with sperm-like cells. :lol:

Again, massive plan. I'm open if you need some help/revisions or your work (or anyone's, really.). Feel free to share your creation as you progress on your project.

Wish you luck there!
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
WhatTheSillyName

Post by WhatTheSillyName » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:18 pm

*Warmth my heart (^▽^)
Thank you for your support.
Ya~
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:56 am

I'm also planning to make a organism just like yours, a cell that can do different things( but not same as yours ), Im still tinking how could I fit all my ideas in just a single cell
I don't know where to start :(
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:11 am

Maybe multiple genomes are neccessary for it to be possible, in your case.
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:34 am

I I think gluocyte is the solution for my problem.
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:58 am

Is it just me or whenever I complete a challenge it doesn't lit the substrate with green color anymore?

Plus, I've noticed that the pop-up (is it called pop-up?) "Saved" doesn't appear anymore.
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:12 am

Nevermind, the green flash is back again. Teeny pop-ups are still missing though.
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:57 pm

can someone help me to understand what is brain and how to use that in my organism
Alast

Post by Alast » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:34 pm

In CL terms we consider a brain a Neurocyte or set of Neurocytes that translate input from other signalling cells into an output to better control the behavior of the organism in a more advanced way. You don't need that for any challenge.

The first organism we've called having a brain (as far as I remember) was a smart swimmer bwisialo created, that instead of using a single Stereocytes utilized 2 Senseocytes (signalling S1 and S2) and a Neurocyte translating the S1 and S2 information into an S3 output with the Flagellocytes reacting to S3.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!