Cell Lab PC development team

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Reaper Elite
Location: In the Underworld eating bacon and watching anime with Marilyn Monroe

Re: Cell Lab PC development team

Post by Reaper Elite » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:01 am

Thx i'll add you to the list of the team.
"A mercenary can always find a war to fight if they look hard enough"
"You become a changed person when you face me and deny me your soul."
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:21 pm

I tries un blues stacks, it didn't ran.
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
rNow

Post by rNow » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi all :)

(1st of all, sorry about my english :P)

I've downloaded the Android APP yesterday, and I can't stop thinking about solutions. My #1 App right now. I'm on the level 27 and enjoying a lot. This morning the first thing I did is searching for the PC version :(

I've installed bluestacks and run it, but it's not the same.

So my offer: I'm programmer. I can program in almost any language: C, VB.NET, ASP, JAVA, JAVASCRIPT, PYTHON, BLAH BLAH BLAH... the languages are different but programming is the same. I was thinking in making a game like this one for web, it can even include multiplayer if it needs. Now with HTML5 websockets and 3D rendering native in the webbrowser the posibilities are infinite.

It's posible to make a (for example) application which runs with Steam platform, but I think it's more interesting to create simply a web based game.

Please tell me if interested, because I want to make it, and I prefer just not to use the idea but to collaborate and make it bigger.

Cu!
ErrorDAR32

Post by ErrorDAR32 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:48 pm

II think cell lab is programmed in java or nothing , so how about if we copy the code to a project in pc and we make the necessary corrections
*Bugs arreglados.
*Añadidos más Bugs para arreglarlos más tarde.

Yo: Nooooooo, le añadieron bichosss!!!!!!!!!
traso

Post by traso » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:34 pm

I did try it in bluestacks and it runs well, because I want to use a desktop recorder for cell wars
Reaper Elite

Post by Reaper Elite » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:44 pm

Welcome come to the team rnow
rNow

Post by rNow » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:45 am

ErrorDAR32 wrote:II think cell lab is programmed in java or nothing , so how about if we copy the code to a project in pc and we make the necessary corrections
Anything can be programmed in anything. Obviously if it's possible to reuse code, it's easier and faster.

Btw... flagelocitos al poder?? XD Yo soy apañol apañol apañol??? XDD
ErrorDAR32

Post by ErrorDAR32 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:04 pm

Flagelocytes will dominate the world

He think
He talk
He explode
He can move
Flagelocyte is perfect
*Bugs arreglados.
*Añadidos más Bugs para arreglarlos más tarde.

Yo: Nooooooo, le añadieron bichosss!!!!!!!!!
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:50 am

Hi,
I'm glad to see there is so much interest to make a PC version :). It is a lot of work though, not something one can do in a few evenings. I am a however considering the possibility for a steam version in the future. Basically I would need to do that as a full time job for some time and without any prospect of getting paid I would not be able to do it, I need food and have student dept :P. If I release the source I don't think it would be safe for me to do this since there is always a chance someone else would do the same. Additionally, and I don't mean to be rude, just realistic, I think there is a pretty good chance that even if I release the source there will be no PC version. I had dozens of people enthusiastically offer to translate to Spanish, but it took over a year for someone to do it in the end (don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for that). Rewriting for PC is tremendously much more work than translating. Do any of you have any past experience releasing games for PC? Also to be able to make use of my code I would need to spend a lot of time documenting it since atm it is pretty hard to see what's what. I'm not even sure everything is written in English..

I'm thinking that while it's not open source there is a chance I can do a more serious version of CL at some point and sell it through steam or so. In the end I think this might make it more likely there will appear a PC version. If I however in the future feel that this is not going to happen, then I'll release the source.

A third option would be that I partner with someone that has time and will right now to make a PC version, but I'm not sure who that would be or how such a partnership would work. I can not just email my code to someone I met on the internet.

PS. Sorry about my late reply, I've been thinking hard about this and trying to figure out where I stand. I would really love to make a PC version/add features to CL right now but I am finishing my PhD atm so I need to spend also much of my free time on my research and writing.

Cheers,
Petter
Reaper Elite

Post by Reaper Elite » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:53 pm

Dont worry bout paying us as its not a prob, and us CL gamers have lots of time on our hands, and if you need to find me on steam, its Reaper Elite there too and if we can find a full time programmer here to help im sure they would help, so just help when you have time to so dont sweat it too much. (holds back tears)