scarce conditions substarte

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
traso

scarce conditions substarte

Post by traso » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:29 pm

Hi i would like if someone could give me at least a fairly close substrate at least because i want to use radiation to evolve a smart swimmer but i seem unable to recreate it (also in size because i think the defailt is smaller) (not being able to change the size later is strange)
thanks
bwisialo

Re: scarce conditions substarte

Post by bwisialo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:35 am

I'm not certain what the sizes are for Scarce I and II/III. It probably wouldn't be too hard to figure it out. 2mm should be fine, but you can do smaller or larger depending on how you want to run your evolution. Long press "New Plate" for size options. A rough approximation for Scarce I: use Concentration around 450-500 and Chunk size 150-200, and max. Salinity.

Evolving smart species requires very low radiation and very many substrate hrs. You want to do something like this: Start with high settings where your species can sustain a healthy population, then run evolution until the cell count increases a hundred or so. Then change the nutrient settings to get the cell count back down a hundred so, and repeat. Eventually you'll get the nutrients down to lower settings that similar to the challenge substrate.
amor fati
traso

Re: scarce conditions substarte

Post by traso » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:46 am

Hehe thanks, I knew how to change the plate size but as you can only do it once its hard to get an accurate size but thanks anyway I will try those settings to see if they work