Update Teaser - Gametes

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Nayus

Re: Update Teaser - Gametes

Postby Nayus » Wed May 31, 2017 1:40 am

Yes, altought it'd be more like "How many per fusion". Because those mutations only occur when the Gamete fuses, not overtime.

So, when they fuse, the value could state how many settings will have their values changed.

bwisialo

Postby bwisialo » Wed May 31, 2017 1:50 am

Right.

Another thought. A setting for the mutation rate could alleviate the problem of deciding what degree of change is "right" for different settings. As long as the allowable range is small, you can in effect increase / decrease the rate in order to get the changes to move more / less.
amor fati

Nayus

Postby Nayus » Wed May 31, 2017 2:21 am

I agree. It will be easier to select, as in natural selection. If the number is low, and the setting just hits the wrong setting in the neurocyte it will just give a death penalty to that one immediatly, while leaving alive all the ones that don't.

I don't know if a higher rate will produce a higher change, I'd say just a larger amount of changes... that stacked together would make the offspring more erratic. Idk.

bwisialo

Postby bwisialo » Wed May 31, 2017 2:53 am

If you raise rate is too high, it would be erratic. But you could find an more optimal rate for your organism below that.
amor fati

bwisialo

Postby bwisialo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:00 pm

Here's some things that came up on youtube that I'm curious about myself. Feel free to speculate. :D

The Phagocytes behind the Gametes are getting enough nutrients from the plate to split before the Gametes fuse, but the Phagocytes never split before the Gametes fuse, only after. Why is that? It is as if the gamete fusion causes the cell in front of the Flagellocyte to change modes, replacing a non-splitting Phagocyte with a Phagocyte that splits. But I don't if or how the gamete fusion would be doing that. This could change the ways we are imagining using Gametes.

And what do you suppose the buttons next to Temperature are?
amor fati

Megathosto14

Postby Megathosto14 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:26 pm

If the phagocyte at the back split, those gametes will fuse together and a swimmer will born not sexually but just like cell split right? Although I don't see this in the video.
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.

bwisialo

Postby bwisialo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Megathosto14 wrote:If the phagocyte at the back split, those gametes will fuse together and a swimmer will born not sexually but just like cell split right? Although I don't see this in the video.

I think I see what you mean. If the Phagocyte behind the Gamete produced a second Gamete while the first Gamete was still attached, those two Gametes would fuse and produce an offspring. Yes, I guess that is what should happen. That would be a good reason to prevent the Phagocyte from splitting before the Gamete fuses. I'm just not sure how that is happening here.
amor fati

bwisialo

Postby bwisialo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:56 pm

Oh, I see. Yes, this must be a feature of the Gamete, and it sort of solves one of the difficulties of using Stemocytes as unfertilized eggs. We'd lose too many eggs by producing a second egg before the first one was fertilized. Here, the second Gamete would fertilize the firsr one, but it's a related set of problems. The Gamete must suppress the Phagocyte's ability to split while it is attached. Eggs needs fertilization from another organism, but you don't overproduce eggs. Makes sense.
amor fati

Megathosto14

Postby Megathosto14 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:48 am

What I'm curious now is why is there a 90/10 split after the gamete fuse with each other?
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.

bwisialo

Postby bwisialo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:12 am

Is it after they fuse, or is it as they fuse? Perhaps, in effect, the smaller of the two dies as it gets absorbed into the other.
amor fati

Return to “General Discussion”