Update Teaser - Gametes

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
bwisialo

Update Teaser - Gametes

Post by bwisialo » Sun May 28, 2017 9:12 pm

:D

A gamete cannot produce child cells on its own. When two gametes collide, the gametes fuse with another, and then the genomes are combined randomly mode by mode.

amor fati
C4pung

Re: Update Teaser - Gametes

Post by C4pung » Sun May 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Woow! :o cant wait! :D
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Reaper Elite
Location: In the Underworld eating bacon and watching anime with Marilyn Monroe

Post by Reaper Elite » Sun May 28, 2017 10:07 pm

NEW CELLS :o :o :o :o
"A mercenary can always find a war to fight if they look hard enough"
"You become a changed person when you face me and deny me your soul."
Tarux

Post by Tarux » Sun May 28, 2017 10:37 pm

YESYESYESYESYESYES SO MUSCH YES NEW CELLS
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Now it's like actual heredity. We can make expirements off of that!!!

P.S. WHEN
Ahh, the fresh smell of celluar mitosis!
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:41 pm

I wonder what challenge will come out fof this cell.
And it looks like a phagocyte with half nucleus in it.
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sun May 28, 2017 10:50 pm

Yes, that's exactly what it looks like. :) Yeah, we'll have to see what a challenge may look like. Perhaps one could be getting a species on the substrate to a higher cell count by recombining with it.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sun May 28, 2017 10:52 pm

Tarux wrote:P.S. WHEN
After beta testing is finished. ;) Seriously though, it's impossible to say how long the final changes and beta testing will take.
amor fati
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Sun May 28, 2017 11:08 pm

10/10 would update again.

Btw, how do you think evolution would affect this one? Wouldn't it be some own form of natural selection? Paired with Evolution wouldn't it make evolution faster? Just some thought I just had
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon May 29, 2017 1:03 am

It would make evolution more efficient in some cases. What percent of cases is hard to say. You will have to add an additional cell, the gamete, to a species where you are trying to use gametes and radiation together for evolution, and make sure evolution doesn't eliminate the gamete from the species.

If you used gametes and radiation together, the different cell settings resulting from radiation would to some extent get recombined with one another and with the original settings. If the genomes on the plate are in flux, a smaller percentage of possible re-combinations will actually get generated and tested.

If you think radiation has given you and good range of variations on the plate, you could turn off radiation and the re-combinations would compete with one another from there in a fairly stable way.

You could also do an evolutionary test without radiation. By putting genomes that have different cell settings on the substrate, you can see which combination of cells settings out-competes others. You just have to put different genomes on there with the different settings you want to test.

The gametes will give you natural selection in a sense. They give you recombination, and the plate simulation will give you the selection, but they themselves will not give you mutations or new cell settings. Only radiation will give you that. That's my understanding at least. That is, the gametes recombine genomes without any mutations ever occurring in the absence of radiation.

I think it would be cool if gamete fusion gave you not only re-combinations but mutations as well. This would be like mutations that result from copying errors in recombination.
amor fati
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:29 pm

I hope that the nucleus could be bigger, you know,to make it different from phagocyte.
Can't wait for the update! :)
I really think that this will work just like virus, but in random way and all modes included.
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.