YAHFT SUPREME GENOME TOURNAMENT

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
CandyYAHFT

YAHFT SUPREME GENOME TOURNAMENT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:27 am

Okay, I was thinking on this tournament stuff and I decide to put some order in the rules at this new topic to make easier to follow my complicated rule system, first the rules for genomes:
*You are able to upload 1,2 or 3 different genomes
*You must name your genomes this way
[(Here your username)(1,2 or 3).genome]
*all cell types are allowed except virocytes
*You upload your genome to mediafire, drive Google, or Dropbox, and post the link to download here
*The limit to post the links is November 3rd
*The posted genomes can't be changed
*All the genomes of your team must have the same color or the same two color scheme
Now we go with Substrate rules:
*Maximum size is 2.0 and minimum Size is 0.5, cell limit must be over 300 and under 5000
*You have to post a link for download a substrate that you design, this will be your arena as "Local"
*In the post that contains the link you have to also post the initial points, this mean 2 points of your liking where cells will be introduced, this points will be randomly assigned to local or visitor
*you must put radiation at zero and let negative "contaminate with random cells" and "kill cells at the edge" settings
*the initial points should be graphically described with a picture along your post
*upload date limit November 1st
Now I introduce you the TOURNAMENT rules:
*I will randomly assign groups of 3 that will fight with each other, November 2nd
*The contestants will have 4 fights in the group phase, 2 as local and 2 as visitor
*there it will be the number of groups, the number of participants allows me to do
*The first group fight will be November 4th and the link of the battle videos on youtube will be posted here November 5thand there it will be 6 videos
Finally the winning conditions and choosing genome rules:
*10 cells will be inserted in the initial points of each contestants
*After November 2nd you'll know the conditions of the arenas in which you will fight, so you send me via private message the number of the genome that you'll choose for each fight, however if you only upload one genome or if you forget to send the message [(insert username here)(1).genome] of yours will be the default
*The supreme survivor is the winner, this mean the battle ends when there only are one genome left on the substrate, if after 1000h (in game time) there still two genomes left on the substrate the cells will be counted, and if the number is too close there is a tie
*victories as local gives you 2 points and victories as visitor gives you 3 points, ties gives you 1 point and defeats gives you none, you can win a maximum of 10 points in the group phase if you win everything
*The 2 people with more points after six battles concluded will pass to the next round
*How the second round works will be solved later
Interested people, click this link for going to the new thread, in which some rules are updated, and
http://cell-lab.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=479
Last edited by CandyYAHFT on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Re: YAHFT SUPREME GENOME TOURNAMENT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:31 am

I pick green-white color
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Droefkalkoen

Post by Droefkalkoen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:13 am

I'm liking these new rules. Thanks for this contest. Expect my genomes soon!
TygrCZ

Post by TygrCZ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Too long, not reading. :oops:
*PLEASE STAND BY*
Ok, I read everything. Sadly, I don't play Cell Lab anymore, but I wanna see what can you come up with! :D
Great, now we need participatns...
Hello, I am TygrCZ.
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Thanks everyone, I know I need more participants, that's why I give more time than the other people that have tried the same, it would be good if I could spam on the whole forum to make this more popular, but I know is not the way, anyway I would like Petter to see this, will be nice to see what super evolved genome he comes up, also Alast his genomes are amazing, if enough people is in this will be a real an amazing tournament that we could do periodically and eventually there it could be even a reward, or something to make it more interesting
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:28 pm

I based the rules on soccer, but I adapted then to be able for using them in a Cell Lab tournament
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:50 pm

By Petter's recommendations I edited a few rules if you wanna check them
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Hi I would like to know, how much people is in, and if you have any questions
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:59 pm

I really like the idea of a tournament or competition. :)

Unfortunately, it seems that there aren't enough folks on forum right now for a tournament. Perhaps a better time would be when Cell Lab v43 is released.

One question. (Edit: I initially mis-read the rules, so I've changed my question.) Why have a round where someone's genome competes on a substrate, but they don't know which substrate they will be competing on? It seems that this would be a round of comic results :lol: , rather than actual battles. Why not cut to the chase: have people post their substrates first, have people know which substrates they'll be competing on, then have people send you their genomes for each of these substrates via private message? This seems to be the way the subsequent rounds work, but why not start there? Or am I missing something?
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:47 am

I the first round will be the round group, in which you will fight in 3 different substrates, that's why you have the opportunity to design 3 different genomes, 1 should be for fighting in your own substrate, in which you will fight against 2 different genomes, you will know where are you going to fight, because all the contestants will have assigned an arena (substrate) as local, to every member of the group, an every battle will have a number, so then you will be able to decide which of your genomes is more likely to survive in each substrate, for example, I will make an hypothetical group with the person that I think may will participate.
1.-CandyYAHFT ... 2.-Bwisialo ... 3.-Droefkalkoen
Then fights number 1,2 will be on my local arena( my substrate, fights number 3,4 will be in your substrate, and finally fights 5,6 will be in droefkalkoen substrate, so you will fight the battles 1,3,4,6 and you can choose between 3 possible genomes, substrates will be visible and able to download so you can develop a good genome for them, consider 2 of your battles will be in your own substrate, and that you not necessarily have to choose the same genome for them, even if they are in the same substrate, for example you could send me your private message like this.
Hi Candy for the tournament I'll go this way,
Fight 1- genome 1
Fight 3,4- genome 3
Fight 6- genome 2
Goodbye.
Okay that's an example, you first have to check which fights you'll be fighting, so I see this is too complicated I'll lift the limit to upload the substrates November 3rd, and the limit to upload your genomes is also lifted to November 6th, I will set the groups November 4th, so you will have 2 days to develop a good genome for each substrate, if you need more time to develop a genome just tell me
(this also gives you a week to read the rules :lol: ) the rules are not that complicated, it's just that like to give a lot of examples and that makes my text look to big(enormous is also correct :lol:) but anyway I accept critics and stuff so ... (But really hurts :( )
Peace and love,
Candy
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY