YAHFT SUPREME GENOME TOURNAMENT

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
CandyYAHFT

Re: YAHFT SUPREME GENOME TOURNAMENT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:52 am

But technically all you need to know is that you have to make a good genome for each substrate, and of course design a substrate that'll be your local, all the other stuff are formalities, I will personally recommend you to read the rules, but there is no prize so you shouldn't care that much, I actually think on offering a reward for winning the tournament but I'm still thinking if it will be a good idea
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:34 pm

Hi guys
Anyway I want to know if new dates are okay
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:35 pm

Hi guys
Anyway I want to know if new dates are okay
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:36 pm

And BTW, remember that I recommend you to upload your genomes once the substrates are uploaded and the groups are set, you will know what kinda genomes you should design
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:10 am

Thanks again for posting this tournament. Sorry to disappoint, but I have a lot on my hands right now that needs my full time and attention. An additional problem is that, lets just say, I have a Cell Lab gaming addiction. :shock: Basically, I need to cut myself off from CL for a bit. :shock: :shock: (If anyone wants to start a support group, let me know ;) .)

Scratch what I said about this being a bad time for starting a competition on the forum. You only need 2 people for a competition. If it's only CandyYAFHT and Droefkalkoenyou who participate, this would still establish a great model for posting competitions.

It would show that all you need to do is post, "Hey, anyone up for a competition? Here are the rules, and here is my substrate. Post your substrate, and then we'll put our species into battle."

Rather than it having to be a multi-stage tournament with numerous participants, it would be more like, for example, asking if anyone is up for a match on a chess forum. And it would be really awesome :) :!: if members posted and participated competitions in such a simple way, even if it's only a one-on-one competition. I definitely plan on doing something like this when I have time again.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:39 am

That's a great idea, I'll try that sometime, I want to see if this works, but anyway everything can be done simultaneously, I should apologise for being a person that wants to make such a complicated thing with this little people being active, I think I'll make what you say the 1vs1 battles instead of a big tournament, to attract more people, once this is big enough a better tournament can be done, or not, let's see what works let's be spontaneous, that's what we probably need now
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:41 am

CandyYAHFT wrote:That's a great idea, I'll try that sometime, I want to see if this works, but anyway everything can be done simultaneously, I should apologise for being a person that wants to make such a complicated thing with this little people being active, I think I'll make what you say the 1vs1 battles instead of a big tournament, to attract more people, once this is big enough a better tournament can be done, or not, let's see what works let's be spontaneous, that's what we probably need now
Yes, great plan.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:43 am

Thanks, I'm good planning, but not making the plans work :lol:
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
debbieevans

Post by debbieevans » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:39 am

This idea is very creative. I do not know whether everyone has the opportunity to participate in such projects to go. I recently is enjoying the study of genome editing technology on crispr mice, understanding a lot of animal models, and have great interest in the genome project.