Least beautiful

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.

Least good graphic

Photocyte
13%
Phagocyte
25%
Flagellocyte
No votes
Lipocyte
13%
Devorocyte
No votes
Buoyocyte
No votes
Keratinocyte
No votes
Glueocyte
13%
Nitrocyte
13%
Virocyte
25%

Total votes: 8
Petter
Site Admin

Least beautiful

Post by Petter » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:11 pm

Considering both aesthetics and descriptiveness.
bwisialo

Re: Least beautiful

Post by bwisialo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:59 pm

Virocytes, but entirely because the descriptive aspect overwhelms everything else. They are very difficult to understand, at least for me. :? It's more straightforward just to read and understand, but to have a relatively decent understanding of how they actually work in practice and how you can use them -- beyond a 4-2-3 combo -- takes a lot of practice with them. And even then, in some of the effects from using them, it can still hard figure out what's going on.
amor fati
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:18 am

Ah, I meant more of how their graphical appearance was descriptive of their function. I tried to make different shapes so users easily remembers which cells are which in the substrate.

I agree virocytes are really complicated, I even have trouble understanding them even though i wrote the code :? . It's pretty cool though how evolution doesn't seem to have a problem making viruses :P
Raven

Post by Raven » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:33 am

Phagocytes should look plain imo so i like them. Lipocytes just seem a bit odd to me.
(;>
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:13 am

Petter wrote:I agree virocytes are really complicated, I even have trouble understanding them even though i wrote the code :?
That's hilarious :lol:

After I posted I was wondering if I misunderstood the question. Well, you're polling some fairly experienced Cell Labbers here -- I think I need a Cell Lab t-shirt :P I know the cells so well enough to remember them very easily. Graphically, I think they are all fairly descriptive of their function. Buoyocytes probably the most so. Lipocytes look fatty to me, odd looking or not. Keratinocytes look like... a shield? Nitrocytes may not be that descriptive of their function. I have no idea what sort of design would be descriptive of that function. I'm guessing that the current design maybe has something to do with maximum perimeter? But they're the prettiest to look at. In sum, they're all good. :P

I've never done that much with viruses in evolution. I usually don't have that cell type ticked. I'll have to try it out.
Last edited by bwisialo on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:29 am

Yeah, I still have a hard time with viruses. Sometimes when using a virus I suddenly see cells I don't even have in my genome. Haven't really gotten the hang of them yet, as they still keep surprising me and not doing what I want and think I've told them to do.

But then all cells are so distinct from each other that it's easy to memorize by the look of them to know what they are. But that also comes from hours and hours of experience :D

To pick one, just from the aesthetical point of view I would still pick the Virocyte with all it's sticks pointing out. But I have no idea how to make it look better ;)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
TygrCZ

Post by TygrCZ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:13 pm

bwisialo wrote:I think I need a Cell Lab t-shirt :P .
I want one, too! :lol:
Hello, I am TygrCZ.
TygrCZ

Post by TygrCZ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:14 pm

By the way, I don't think that I can vote in here, for me all cells show what they are supposed to represent, and the bad texture on Nitrocyte won't make me vote for it. ;)
Hello, I am TygrCZ.