Your best creation and making names

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Kanohuf

Your best creation and making names

Post by Kanohuf » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:06 pm

Hello there.

I remember, when couple weeks ago I was making my first well-organised organism, that used all 15 modes. I was so proud of it, as I tried to make it even better, prettier etc. Now I want to ask you. Do you have any genome, that was challenging to make and it's your favorite? Which cell types did you used? Were you using Glueocytes to make one organism from different species?

Also second thing. I was confused about making names for genomes. Making new "floater", "eater" or "killer" isn't bad, but it feels a little awkward for me. I was thinking about making them properly. Scientifically... :) Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking about some kind of universal code. For example "adult" organism with two cells could be "duocyte", or something, when with three of them "triocyte". Also for example "duocyte" with flagellocyte and fagocyte could be "hetero-duocyte" because it's heterotrophic. You could add another things to name, like "auto-triocyte N" if it has three cells: photocyte, nitrocyte and flagellocyte. Well... It won't change anything, but it's just pleasent to read if you are into biology ;) Also people from another countries can recognize how was your organism builded, even if they can't downloaded it. I know, that it's just silly, but I wanted to present you my little invention. What's your opinion?

Of course I want to apologize for my English. It's not good enough, but I'm trying to improve it ;)

Have a nice day.
0 θ 8 This is how it begins...
Alast

Re: Your best creation and making names

Post by Alast » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:20 pm

Yes, I definitely have some genomes and substrates I am very proud of. E.g. check out my Mandala. It's the most beautiful thing I have created with Cell Lab.

Or my Dreadnought, a real killer machine in your average substrate. Both I've also posted in the Showcase section.

My coolest substrate I have just posted as challenge. The Balance of Life, resembling the relation between an organism as food source and another feeding off of it.
Last edited by Alast on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
TygrCZ

Post by TygrCZ » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:49 pm

My best creation is my Striker, now I gotta find where is it posted... Well, it was just a test to make somthing that looks good and works good, and I succesfully made my first organism. ;)
Hello, I am TygrCZ.
Kanohuf

Post by Kanohuf » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:20 pm

I'd love to watch them, but I have some problems with loading them in the Lab :oops: Do I have to install Dropbox first? I'm not very experienced in loading stuff and I can't find anything in other posts. Can you help me? I'm very curious how do they look like and how do they live, but after downloading I don't know where to copy the file :?

I have found your Striker :D If I only find out what's wrong with my loading I'll try it out instantly ;)

Hmm... It downloads files as .bin but even if I change it to .substrate it doesn't work. When I'm downloading it says, that this file isn't supported, so it ends being another .bin. I'll try some other sollutions.
TygrCZ

Post by TygrCZ » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:48 pm

Btw, the Striker here at forums is the very old version, I had a better version but deleted it (fuuuuu), so now I make something else...
More useless stuff to make! :D
Hello, I am TygrCZ.
Kanohuf

Post by Kanohuf » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Cell Lab is very addictive when you know how to play it :D I still don't know how to load cells though ;-; It still downloads as .bin instead of .substrate
Kanohuf

Post by Kanohuf » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:33 pm

Thanks to Candy I finally fixed it :D

Omg. Mandala is so nice to watch *.*
I was thinking about something similiar to Dreadnought but with a nitrocyte. But anyway. It's fantastic :D
Just a little question. Have you been thinking about some substrate like in the last challenge? You know. With 3 different species. I think it could be hard. Even in a challenge they'll eventualy kill each other. Yeah. Spoilers..? I think :D

Also I'm waiting for a new Striker :D
Last edited by Kanohuf on Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:52 pm

Yes, you can also incorporate Nitrocytes. But that makes the Dreadnought weaker in substrates with nitrates.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Kanohuf

Post by Kanohuf » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:03 pm

I'm very impressed :D Thank you for sharing your genomes!