Glueocytes problem

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.

Glueocytes problem

Postby Gwud » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Hey to you reading this, how's going? I hope you're fine! I'm trying to do one organism wich have a core function based on each type of cell, so I'm now in the Glueocytes. When I use the Glueocytes it start to give mass to the attached cell instead of getting, only after the attached cell get full mass the Glueocytes start to get mass, what I'm doing wrong? (I put the nutrient priority at the max) Or I understood the Glueocytes wrong? The function of it is make a equilibre betwen both organism that got attached or steal mass from the organism attached? Thanks!!
You know that sensation when you spend a minute trying to put a specific amount of number in the programation cell and when you remove your finger from the screen the number change and you have to do all again? This sensation is the taste of my life

Re: Glueocytes problem

Postby Noughtypixy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:07 pm

That should make the glukite get big before it shares, if there is a Lipo attached try lowering its priority?
beware the pixys

Re: Glueocytes problem

Postby Phaseling » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Well, you might've figured it out by now, but...

It depends on the nutrient priority of every cell in each of the two organisms. If you have a single-celled glueocyte organism, and it has maximum nutrient priority, attaching it to, say, a two-celled basic swimmer with both the flagellocyte and the phagocyte having normal nutrient priority, the glueocyte should take nutrients from the swimmer until one of the two die(probably the swimmer). However, if the swimmer has a flagellocyte and a phagocyte with maximum nutrient priority, then neither of the organisms should steal all the nutrients from the other, but rather try and reach an equilibrium. And if the glueocyte has a lower nutrient priority, the swimmer will steal nutrients from it. Usually, a maximum nutrient priority glueocyte will steal nutrients from (almost)any cell it attaches to.

So that's all well and great, but what if your glueocyte organism has multiple cells in it? Say, a flagellocyte attached to a glueocyte? If only one of the two cells(glueocyte or flagellocyte) have maximum nutrient priority, that one will not only steal nutrients from the other(inside the same cell) but also and cell that attaches through the glueocyte. But, if both the glueocyte and flagellocyte have maximum nutrient priority, then it works the same as with a one-celled glueocyte organism.

Hope I helped! Good luck with your genetic engineering!

Edit: However, all that said, lipocytes seem to have a different way of calculating or using nutrient priority if I remember right, so that might be a part of your problem. Although, if the glueocytw has maximum nutrient priority, it should still take from a normal nutrient priority lipoctre, unless I'm mistaken. Good luck with your mad-science-ing!
From the desk of

Return to “General Discussion”