Reprodutive cells made a hermaphrodite

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Gwud

Reprodutive cells made a hermaphrodite

Post by Gwud » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Hello to you reading this, how's going? I really want to know. So, I was playing with gametes, there is a organism (alpha) that produces black gametes (M20) and is compatible with M16, generating a M21, that is a photocyte that produces a new photocyte (that kill it self later) and a lipocyte that turns into a M1 closing the cicle. In the same plate, there is a organism (Beta) that produces white gametes (M16) and is compatible with M20, generating a M21 (just like the other). The diference betwen these two is: the Alpha have a Lipocyte in the back, generating black gamete, and the Beta have a lipocyte in the front, generating white gametes too, the others cells is pretty much the same. So, I thought the fuse of the gametes may will produces a M21 from the Alpha, generating a new Alpha or a M21 from Beta, generating a new Beta, but while I was testing, they generated a organism with both lipocyte, and don't understood really well why they mixed (maybe I lost some part of the explanation of the gamete), can you explain me what happened? In a simply way, basicly they mixed theyr cells into a new organisms with both "gamete generator". Thank you

EDIT: And now made a cell without a gamete generator, so there is 100% of chance that I lost something
EDIT2: The hermaphrodite ones sometimes have both gamete generator, but generate only one type of gamete (black or white), so this ones isn't hermaphrodite, only a big Alpha/Beta
You know that sensation when you spend a minute trying to put a specific amount of number in the programation cell and when you remove your finger from the screen the number change and you have to do all again? This sensation is the taste of my life
Emera

Re: Reprodutive cells made a hermaphrodite

Post by Emera » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:34 am

That's because the independence of the heredity for structure and the mode settings.

As an example, alpha has m20 as gamete and m16 for beta and both fusing to be m21.
To make it simple, just gonna look in m21.
m21 alpha will have m1 as child1(c1 for easier typing)
and m2 as c2.
m21 beta will have m3 as c1 and m4 as c2.

So when m20(alpha) and m16(beta) fuses,
the output m21's c1 can be one of m1 or m3
and c2 as m2 or m4.
This will be the structural heredity.

And now, the mode setting heredity will happen independent from structural.
each m1,m2,m3,m4 can be one of alpha or beta.

so the total possibilities would be
2×2(m1 or m3 × m2 or m4)×2×2(alpha or beta × alpha or beta)
=16

I'm not sure if I'm right, so please come and point out anything what I have it wrong
POTATOCYTE
Emera

Post by Emera » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:52 am

And this is a good reason not to have a cross-species breed, because it has a high risk of failure in the development.
POTATOCYTE
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:54 am

You could actually make a flowchart and just predict every possible failures and fix them before they happen.. :)
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Emera

Post by Emera » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:20 pm

That is something for sure!
And maybe you can actually use that mixing with a lot of thinking(?) for some cool modular organisms..
POTATOCYTE
Gwud

Post by Gwud » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Emera wrote:That's because the independence of the heredity for structure and the mode settings.

As an example, alpha has m20 as gamete and m16 for beta and both fusing to be m21.
To make it simple, just gonna look in m21.
m21 alpha will have m1 as child1(c1 for easier typing)
and m2 as c2.
m21 beta will have m3 as c1 and m4 as c2.

So when m20(alpha) and m16(beta) fuses,
the output m21's c1 can be one of m1 or m3
and c2 as m2 or m4.
This will be the structural heredity.

And now, the mode setting heredity will happen independent from structural.
each m1,m2,m3,m4 can be one of alpha or beta.

so the total possibilities would be
2×2(m1 or m3 × m2 or m4)×2×2(alpha or beta × alpha or beta)
=16

I'm not sure if I'm right, so please come and point out anything what I have it wrong
Oh, now I understood, thanks man :D gametes are more complex than I thought

EDIT: so I painted alpha as blue and beta as red, and the things gone crazy, when all was white, I only saw the gamete generator as difference, but now I see that all other cells mix too, I didn't noticed the mixture just because the structure of both is kinda the same, now my eyes are open, I can see a new world.
You know that sensation when you spend a minute trying to put a specific amount of number in the programation cell and when you remove your finger from the screen the number change and you have to do all again? This sensation is the taste of my life
Emera

Post by Emera » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:03 pm

great that it helped! :D
POTATOCYTE
Vitoryuiti

Post by Vitoryuiti » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:34 am

Gwud what is your profile picture??????
The cannon master!!!
Emera