I've hacked the game. (Sorry, Petter. Don't worry, I won't copy the source code.)

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

I've hacked the game. (Sorry, Petter. Don't worry, I won't copy the source code.)

Post by Seandoggy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:21 pm

I've hacked the game...
...using a method Petter posted somewhere on this forum.
So here's an extract of pure Cell Lab stuff...
(Note that it seems way different in the place I copied it from. Also known as Notepad.)
This looks like the Cell lab handbook, but with a few random symbols... and it seems like somebody forgot to put these things in order.
I haven't explored the code in detail yet...

there, it might surface anyways if your environment contains radiation so that your cells mutate once in a while. This happens in nature as well, many parts of e.g. the human genome do not describe any proteins used in the body. 12With this slider you can choose what way daughter cell 2 is facing after cells in this mode split.

An angle of 0° means that daughter 2 will be facing towards daughter 1. Increasing the angle rotates it counter-clockwise unless the splitting cell is mirrored, in this case the angle is defined clockwise. „]„]Use this setting to choose what mode daughter 2 will be in when cells of this mode split.

Any cell can be in one of 20 different modes. Each mode has different properties that you can set. Two of the properties are what modes the daughter cells will be in when the cell splits.

If your first cell is in mode 1 and it splits to two cells in mode 1, then all you cells will always be in mode 1. If on the other hand it splits into two cells in mode 2 and they further split into two cells each in mode 1, then you will end up with just cells in mode 1 and 2. It is in these cases just necessary to specify the properties of mode 1 or 1 and 2 respectively since these are the only modes your cells will be in.

The properties of the other modes are though carried on generation after generation of your cells even if they are not expressed so if some useful feature of an organism is coded there, it might surface anyways if your environment contains radiation so that your cells mutate once in a while. This happens in nature as well, many parts of e.g. the human genome do not describe any proteins used in the body. This setting only applies to Buoyocytes. Using it you can adjust the density of this cell. It will then sink or float depending on whether this density is higher or lower than that of the surrounding fluid (if a gravitational field is present).

Note that the mass is unaffected by this. ±±All cells in e.g. the human body contain the same DNA but a brain cell and a muscle cell behave very differently. This is referred to as different "modes" of a cell in this app. The genome of each cell consists of 20 modes with different properties. Use this selector to choose what mode to edit. The properties below all correspond to the chosen mode.

The radio button "Initial" can be used to change what mode your cell starts in. €„€„Change the amount of green in the color of cells in this mode.

Note that this does not affect the behavior of your cells in any way ««Pressing this radio button makes the current mode the "initial" mode.

What mode is initial is not important for the organism in the wild, it is just a means of choosing what mode cells should initially be in when shown in the preview window or placed under the microscope.
Seandoggy has <3 Cell Lab for 2 years, now (o)