I'm created GUI for pc version

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
misha_sh

I'm created GUI for pc version

Post by misha_sh » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:15 pm

Hello all. I am created GUI for pc version.

Now I need Petter's help with porting cell lab to pc. Could you send me your gui source code or describe what functions do you need? How works your translations system? Also, I have many questions about how pc version should look like. ( Saving/loading genomes, gene bank, settings panel)
Petter
Site Admin

Re: I'm created GUI for pc version

Post by Petter » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi,
Wow, that must have taken quite a lot of work to make. How did you make it? All from scratch or were you able to copy some stuff from CL? I have actually already started with a pc version and have made most of the gui already unfortunately. The gui on android is made specifically for a phone so I made the pc gui rather different. There is a lot of work left to be done though so it will be quite some time until I make it available.
misha_sh

Post by misha_sh » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:08 am

I'm created it with swing. All code from scratch because it's too hard to read decompiled code. (but I used some pictures and strings from CL). Maybe I can help you with your GUI for pc?
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:25 pm

The pc version will likely not be free, at least multiplayer/online features will not be free, so I would not want to share the complete source. I could need some help with the gui though, perhaps i could share that part of the code and you could help working on the new gui design? Not sure how you feel about the non-free part though? In the end if your contribution ends up in a paid version we would of course have to agree on som form of split, though that is all very hypothetical at the moment.
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Btw, would you mind sharing your gui code? To get a taste of your coding style :P
misha_sh

Post by misha_sh » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Yes, I help you with new gui design. I'm doing it not for money. My gui code need some refactoring and it's uselessy to refactor it now. I think it would be more convenient to discuss this in some messenger like telegram, skype or other. My telegram: https://t.me/misha_s/
ElNico5

Post by ElNico5 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:41 pm

How much will cell lab cost? Also in my case i'm not able to buy anything out of steam
Writing from a small house in Agmalarkiia
Alast

Post by Alast » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:36 pm

I would expect concrete answers to questions like this one to be fairly far in the future.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!