Question about PC version

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
KarolOfGutovo

Question about PC version

Post by KarolOfGutovo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:42 pm

So, I have this little question regarding PC version; will there be region mechanics? i.e. way to differentiate regions, like right half of substrate has lots of small nutrient chunks, up same but coated, left few big coated chunks and down with few uncoated big chunks and in center no food but some light. Will similar stuff be possible?
"So why are you looking at those sperm cells?" ~ my friend after spotting me playing cell lab
KrakenKillz

Re: Question about PC version

Post by KrakenKillz » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:00 pm

I also wonder about this. It would be pretty interesting if the windows version was more, well, advanced technically, but I don't know if it will, because then it would exclude Android players from the new features.
Petter
Site Admin

Re: Question about PC version

Post by Petter » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:44 pm

Indeed a PC allows much more room for advanced features so indeed the PC version will have new things that unfortunately will not be there for Android. Depending on what the relative number of players might end being I might try to keep some level of compatibility, perhaps cells can be transferred both ways but not substrates. Or maybe cells just from Android to PC.

Different regions of the substrate is definitely on the table.