Poking for Community

Here anything Cell Lab related that doesn't fit into the other topics can be discussed.
Alast

Re: Poking for Community

Post by Alast » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:11 pm

Hey, if you want to provide other players with a challenge, can you post it in the Challenges forum? :)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
The_Robs

Post by The_Robs » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:19 pm

I surely will do, but I still need to figure out how to properly do so, this is sort of a test-bed for me.

Apparently, the Share button on the application stores a .eml file, which isn't the format I expected. If this format doesn't work, I have lost the first organism I posted on page 1.

I am currently installing my Huawei phone's suite because I believe that's what's holding my .substrate files.

EDIT : No luck. Can't seem to find the files on my phone's file system. (PRA-LX1)

EDIT 2 (I edit posts a lot) : I found that Total Manager is a good app to access root android folders. Which it appears to be. If anyone cannot find their files, I believe that to be the fix. I'll look to make a suggestion post about that.
Will update links as soon as I found the files.
Last edited by The_Robs on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-man

Post by K-man » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:47 pm

The_Robs wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:12 am
EDIT : If anyone cares to discuss nomenclature, naming of organisms, please do ! I'd love to know how to properly name my things.
I was thinking of a proper nomenclature myself. I'm working on one.
"Place the devourocytes here..."
-Cellbert Einstein
The_Robs

Post by The_Robs » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Turns out my edit of previous post was wrong. I cannot for the life of me access the files on my Huawei PRA-LX1. This is very frustrating, I hadn't realized I'd purchased a phone I had no control over.
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:12 pm

For nomenclature check out this wiki page: http://wiki.cell-lab.net/Cell_Lab_Ecology

And you can share your substrates and genomes (substrates preferred ;) ) from within the app by tapping it from the list. Hold longer for substrates. You will get a share options.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
The_Robs

Post by The_Robs » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:46 pm

That's the thing though, I did exactly what you describe. "Save To Drive" sharing option gave me the .eml files I shared above, which don't appear to be the correct ones.

I have tried all day to unlock that god forsaken phone, but I'll have to give up. The application also fails to properly display the Plate on two emulators I've tried. I'll try using the E-mail on the Share menu, then if that fails, I'll give up and simply play by myself :twisted:
EDIT : Finally found the solution ! The "Share" button on substrates creates an E-Mail data, which contains attached files. This means all I had to do was use the E-Mail option and save that. I will now re-upload my files and create the challenge post.

When I say nomenclature, I'm thinking more in terms of fancy ways to describe organisms when naming them. Taking the functions into account, maybe creating a few subsets of names to classify things.I have seen a few good ones on the Wikis indeed, hence my bringing it up.
Flagio Debilis would be my name non-sentient swimmer. Flagio Mortalis would be a swimmer that has some destructive impact. And so on. We could make propositions for a binomial system as with Carole Linn's for instance, except we'd be free to go a little nuts with how we name Kingdoms and Classes most specially.
Vitoryuiti

Post by Vitoryuiti » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:41 pm

The_robs have you heard that there is a Cell Lab Discord server
The Cannon master!!!!!!
The_Robs

Post by The_Robs » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:14 pm

I most certainly did not, I'll Google that and search the posts in here. Or if you have a link, I'll gladly click it ! :)
K-man

Post by K-man » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:56 pm

Alast, I was thinking of a more scientific way of classification.
-Cellbert Einstein
K-man

Post by K-man » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:43 pm

Like with kingdoms, phyla, classes, etc.
-Cellbert Einstein