I have finished an early beta and uploaded it to play store. I invite anyone interested to help out with beta testing but please keep in mind:
I expect some actual "testing", meaning that you try a some stuff you wouldn't normally do, and most importantly report any issues. Not missing features but bugs like:
- Ordinary bugs
- Too hard challenges
- Could some interface be made in a better way? (Without a huge programming effort)
- Challenges one can solve with "unintended" solutions
- Spelling mistakes, hard to understand texts
- Important: See that you can solve the challenges still and that the difficulties are labeled correctly
- Important: Open substrates and genomes from previous versions and see that they behave the same way, more or less
- Example: Try placing some cells in a challenge, rotate screen in microscope and see that everything rotated nicely, go back to objective page and see if number of placed cells is still 1.
- Example: Try tapping with 3 fingers in microscope.
- Example: Try opening 2 challenges at the same time.
- Basically do weird things that you think might make it crash. Extra points to anyone who induces a fatal crash
New challenges using the new cell types are especially welcome. I just have very few new challenges with them, I kind of want to see what you guys think of the new stuff first.
Only english language will work in this beta. If you change language then cell lab will completely stop working until the final translated version is out, could be months. So do not change language because you can not change back then!
If you would like to help out in beta testing let me know by sending your Google Play Store registered gmail adress to firstname.lastname@example.org (not a pm/forum email). I will then add you to a google group whose users get access to the beta directly through Play Store. Post your beta-testing findings in this google group, where spam bots can't find us .
Hope you like it and find many of the bugs!