Contamination

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
CandyYAHFT

Contamination

Post by CandyYAHFT » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:01 am

A group of scientist want you to develop a species that degrades petroleum, they want to use it in the ocean, so it can either spread diseases(you can't use virocytes), or generate other kinds of contamination in the water(not secrocytes), they want it to clean several kinds of oil so one initial cell must clean the whole substrate

Rules
•Only one cell inserted
•All cell types allowed but secrocytes and virocytes
•Obviously don't change any setting in the substrate

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqp5ey8dqe5qb ... trate?dl=0.

Objectives
•Leave the plate clean before 500h passed(difficult)
•Do it in less than 300h (very difficult)
•Clean the plate in 100h or less (Imposibble)

Wathever is your result hope you have fun, and if you want you can post your best time here to show off your habilities as genomists 8-)
The "Imposibble" objective I think is seriously imposibble, so is your desicion to try, is not my intention to make you lost time when I put that in my challenges, I just know there are people (meaning Bwisialo and Alast of course :D but if Petter tried this I'm sure he also will be better ) that are better than me at this, so I try to put effort on making challenges that are challenging but enjoyable, however most time failing and sounding dramatic 100% of time :oops:
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Re: Contamination

Post by bwisialo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:26 am

Well, if you just incubate without inserting anything, they're all dead by 250hr.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:48 am

Cleaned in 80hr. ;)
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Damn I tough salinity at max would solve that :oops: my fail, maybe if I use Photocytes and very little light will be more challenging
Could you send me your solution please, my best solution is 205h which now I think it was too slow
I'll try to work on a challenge using my sexy worms :lol: and see how it seems, also the original Idea was to let marked the "Contaminate with random cells" but this was obviously dissapointing, cuz then it meant you'd have to get the max cell count to stop cells from popping out, but then the challenge seemed meaningless, but I learned the lesson, next time I'm gonna make sure the challenge is dummie-proof
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY