Gene Therapy II

Post your own challenge to your fellow researchers!
Sakaaaaa

Gene Therapy II

Post by Sakaaaaa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:02 am

I finally understand the basics of viruses so I created this challenge!

Description: We have accidentally left a petri dish in a box, so there are now small swimmers on the petri dish, we would like to experiment with the swimmers, but ugh! We hate the colors! Could you change the color of the ugly phagocyte? Please? We don't have acces to flagellocytes but we hope you can think of something.

Substrate: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CfL8 ... p=drivesdk

Objective (Very difficult): Use a virus to change the color of the phagocyte, infect at least 300 cells.

Max cells inserted: 2

Cell types allowed: Phagocyte, Lipocyte, Photocyte, Devorocyte, Buoyocyte, Keratinocyte, Virocyte, Nitrocyte, Glueocyte

Additional rules: You must keep both flagellocytes and still have 300+ cells 200 hours after the infection has been done.
Last edited by Sakaaaaa on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and photocytes on a sunlit substrate. I'm actually not sure about the universe!"
-Avert Eyntsein
bwisialo

Re: Gene Therapy II

Post by bwisialo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:19 am

If there's no rule that I have to keep both Flagellocytes, I can insert one Virocyte and have the infected cells take over the plate -- with over 300 -- without producing any additional Virocytes. No Virocyte in the reproduction cycle. ;)
amor fati
Sakaaaaa

Post by Sakaaaaa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:39 am

Oh yeah I should add that rule :lol:
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and photocytes on a sunlit substrate. I'm actually not sure about the universe!"
-Avert Eyntsein
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:42 am

Well, then, am I allowed to change the orientation of the Flagellocytes, or does that have to stay the same too?
amor fati
Sakaaaaa

Post by Sakaaaaa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:43 am

Well you don't have access to flagellocytes, so...
-Avert Eyntsein
Sakaaaaa

Post by Sakaaaaa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:47 am

Wait nevermind just realised you can di that :lol: The important thing is that it still swims
-Avert Eyntsein
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:57 am

Yeah, I've learned not to say "I finally fully understand viruses." ;) There just so many things you can do with them, especially if you start doing double or cross infections.
amor fati
Sakaaaaa

Post by Sakaaaaa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:03 am

Double and cross infections? What?
-Avert Eyntsein
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:41 am

If you have one species use two Virocytes (double), or two species infecting one another (cross). And if you copy from one mode to a different mode, a lot can happen.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:46 am

It's also possible to have a Virocyte in the reproduction cycle and remove one of the Flagellocytes.
amor fati